Anyone "famous" in your family tree?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2014, 05:03 PM
RE: Anyone "famous" in your family tree?
(05-08-2014 04:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 04:05 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  exactly, that stopped me in my tracks...please expound DLJ, I would love to hear that story Yes

I looked him up (didnt know who he was tbh Blush ) and it said he died in a plane accident due to a faulty carb....which is why I asked if your dad had built the carb in that plane Smartass

I actually like his music.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out I know/like his music, I am HORRIBLE with name recognition though. Blush

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 05:12 PM
(05-08-2014 04:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I actually like his music.

As does anyone with taste.

... this is my signature!
[+] 7 users Like cjlr's post
05-08-2014, 05:20 PM
(05-08-2014 05:12 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 04:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I actually like his music.

As does anyone with taste.

ooooooooooooooooh I like it! Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
05-08-2014, 06:32 PM
I've heard rumors, but nothing concrete.

But, I do have a couple kinda-sorta close brushes with famous people. My "then" sister-in-law use to do Judith Berry's (Hallie Berry's mom) hair, every few weeks.

When I worked in our local hospital, I had the hospice rooms a lot, and found out that one of my patient's granddaughter was Elizabeth Hasselbeck from The View. Ugh, never could stand her, but I did keep that to myself. She also never came to see her grandpa once!

Then another of my patients had been a dog groomer in New York and he had groomed Barbara Streisand's dog. He also loaned, this blond no-name young girl, money for a taxi one day. Years later she was known as Madonna.

Like I said, "kinda-sorta brushes" with the famous! Tongue

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like CindysRain's post
05-08-2014, 06:39 PM
(05-08-2014 06:32 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  I've heard rumors, but nothing concrete.

But, I do have a couple kinda-sorta close brushes with famous people. My "then" sister-in-law use to do Judith Berry's (Hallie Berry's mom) hair, every few weeks.

When I worked in our local hospital, I had the hospice rooms a lot, and found out that one of my patient's granddaughter was Elizabeth Hasselbeck from The View. Ugh, never could stand her, but I did keep that to myself. She also never came to see her grandpa once!

Then another of my patients had been a dog groomer in New York and he had groomed Barbara Streisand's dog. He also loaned, this blond no-name young girl, money for a taxi one day. Years later she was known as Madonna.

Like I said, "kinda-sorta brushes" with the famous! Tongue

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
05-08-2014, 06:55 PM
"Kinda-sorta close brushes with famous people".

I claimed NO fame.

Consider

[Image: download.jpg]

Consider

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
05-08-2014, 07:01 PM
I went to high school with some of the ghost players in The Field of Dreams. The movie was filmed outside of the town where I grew up. There are several other people I know in the movie as extras.

A good friend's husband did all the outside lighting and has a credit at the end.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
05-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Very cool Anjele! I love that movie.

05-08-2014, 07:12 PM
(05-08-2014 07:07 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  Very cool Anjele! I love that movie.

I have to admit that I stop and watch it on TV. A little taste of home. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-08-2014, 07:27 PM
I can relate. Apologies to the OP - not meaning to hijack!

I use to live in Virginia with my boyfriend, and not too far from where we lived, was where they filmed Dirty Dancing, in Pembroke. The movie came out while we lived down there. At the time Patrick Swayze was my crush, and when I realized he had actually been that close to me....Drooling Laugh out load

Any my boyfriend surprised me one day and took me to see the resort. So that movie reminds me of my life then.

This is not my pic, btw, but this is what I saw from the road.

[Image: Mountain_Lake_Hotel_Giles_County_VA.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post