Anyone "famous" in your family tree?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2014, 03:17 AM
RE: Anyone "famous" in your family tree?
Blush
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2014, 05:11 AM
My dog came to get me with one of his "you need to come and see this" type barks, so I said to him "Is someone up in one of the trees , and more important, is it someone famous ?". He looked at me like "WTF, where's my dog treat already ?"
Turns out there was a big wild cat of some sort in one of the trees eating a bird it had caught ... I think a young mountain lion. Lorenzo is such a wuss. He wouldn't go out again until the cat was gone. He went and made my little brother shoo it away. So I guess I'll never know.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Without going too personal, my 2nd cousin formulated a transportable blood treatment system for the US Military and is now highly involved in the military blood program.

Smarty pants' run in the family.

And I'm just sitting here with my Cosmetology diploma.
[+] 1 user Likes MrsFarrow's post
11-08-2014, 06:46 PM
(05-08-2014 09:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  William Tecumseh Sherman

[Image: General_sherman.jpg]

He was my great great grandfathers cousin. My dad looked just like him except he combed his hair, was clean shaven and didn't stick his hand inside his lower lapel.

Just a side note. My husband is from South Carolina, we live in Oregon though. He has forgiven me for my heritage and actually thinks it's kinda fun. Some of his more conservative family members in the South aren't too thrilled that one of their native sons married a Sherman. Gasp

When I first went back east to meet his family my future husband took me all around Columbia, SC to some of the places that Sherman burned and areas where he and his army and encamped.

and I'm also related to....

Roger Sherman who is the only one of the Founding Fathers who signed all four of documents. The Articles of Association, Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation, and the United States Constitution.

[Image: RogerSherman.png]

wow how cool is THAT? Thumbsup

(11-08-2014 06:28 PM)MrsFarrow Wrote:  Without going too personal, my 2nd cousin formulated a transportable blood treatment system for the US Military and is now highly involved in the military blood program.

Smarty pants' run in the family.

And I'm just sitting here with my Cosmetology diploma.

nice! Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)