Anyone going to the Reason Rally 2016?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 07:01 PM
RE: Anyone going to the Reason Rally 2016?
I wish. XD Maybe another year.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 09:20 PM
I'd only attend if it was within easy driving distance from me. I spent the last 30 years of my career commuting long distance to work. So, not I.
12-05-2016, 11:19 AM
To bad Dawkins was suppose to show. But because of his recent stroke he wont.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
12-05-2016, 11:37 AM
I wish I could go. Trusting that everyone here who attends will keep us updated if/when anything cool happens Smile
12-05-2016, 07:35 PM
No, I never go anywhere.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
16-05-2016, 05:25 PM
I just bought a new video camera, a Canon Vixia HF G20. I've been wanting a nice camera like this for years but have been putting it off. The Reason Rally is my excuse. I wanted to get video of the rally and possibly put it on You Tube. I went into the store intending to buy the cheapest video camera they had but I walked out with the Canon and a $1000 charge on my credit card.

I hope to get some great video and share with you.Thumbsup

Sapere aude
[+] 2 users Like f stop's post
16-05-2016, 05:34 PM
I dunno.....

Going to Washington DC for a rally just seems so sleazy..................

I'd feel a lot better about it if it was held someplace - well -- respectable......

Like Las Vegas......

Or Atlantic City.......

Someplace with hookers, instead of politicians......

Know what I mean???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
16-05-2016, 05:35 PM
(16-05-2016 05:25 PM)f stop Wrote:  I just bought a new video camera, a Canon Vixia HF G20. I've been wanting a nice camera like this for years but have been putting it off. The Reason Rally is my excuse. I wanted to get video of the rally and possibly put it on You Tube. I went into the store intending to buy the cheapest video camera they had but I walked out with the Canon and a $1000 charge on my credit card.

I hope to get some great video and share with you.Thumbsup

It's in front of the Lincoln Memorial this year instead of the entire mall so they may not be anticipating crushing crowds. We could meet up?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-05-2016, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2016 06:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-09-2015 04:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am waiting for an invitation to stay with Girly and Manly. Tongue

And that pack of beagles.

I cannot guarantee your safety. ManlyGirl takes in dogs that were gonna be put down by shelters as being incorrigible and rehabilitates them. The law in PG County, MD where I live there is a 3 bites and you're put down rule. ManlyGirl has taken in many deathrow dogs. (There's an underground railroad looking to save these and the Rescue Society makes sure of the overall health and vaccinations for rabies and worms and all that other dog shit (that's where your $250 adoption fee goes if you adopt a dog) ). I been bit by several 3 strike dogs and ManlyGirl says if you report it I will put you down fatboy. For the next couple of days the dogs felt bad and sucked up to me. I think they know about the 3-bite law. ... They are rehabilitated.

I don't believe there is an incorrigible dog unless it is rabid. They just need a pack with an Alpha Female to fit in. (They don't seem to give a shit about an Alpha Male.)

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-05-2016, 12:28 AM
(16-05-2016 05:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's in front of the Lincoln Memorial this year instead of the entire mall so they may not be anticipating crushing crowds.
I think they are anticipating a large turnout. The Lincoln Memorial is at the west end of the mall and I'm told the mall is two miles long. MLK gave his "I have a dream" speech at the memorial and that was a large crowd.
(16-05-2016 05:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  We could meet up?
I'd love to. I have no plans beyond getting off the Metro and staying until it's over. I'm going to order a TTA T-shirt when my SS check arrives next Wednesday and adding f stop to it.

Sapere aude