Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2011, 05:10 PM

Anyone going to watch this?

I think it looks pretty epic.
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2011, 05:45 PM

Heart RE: Anyone going to watch this?
Intriguing. Smile Thank you for the link. I've not heard of this before now.
Kumaré, is a beautiful looking man.

(Official Website)
About:

Kumaré is an enlightened guru from the East who builds a following of disciples in the West. But Kumaré is not real. He is an American filmmaker named Vikram Gandhi, who has transformed himself into Kumaré as the centerpiece of a social experiment designed to explore and test one of the world's most sacred taboos. Concealing his true identity from all he meets, Kumaré forges profound, spiritual connections with real people from all walks of life. At the same time, in the absurdity of living as an entirely different person, Vikram the filmmaker is forced to confront difficult questions about his own identity. At the height of his popularity he reveals his greatest teaching: his true self. A playful yet genuine and insightful look at belief and spirituality, the film crosses a line few have dared to cross, all to discover: from illusion comes truth.

Kumare won the Audience Award for Best Documentary at the 2011 SXSW Film Festival.
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2011, 06:53 PM
RE: Anyone going to watch this?
(08-06-2011 05:45 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Intriguing. Smile Thank you for the link. I've not heard of this before now.
Kumaré, is a beautiful looking man.

(Official Website)
About:

Kumaré is an enlightened guru from the East who builds a following of disciples in the West. But Kumaré is not real. He is an American filmmaker named Vikram Gandhi, who has transformed himself into Kumaré as the centerpiece of a social experiment designed to explore and test one of the world's most sacred taboos. Concealing his true identity from all he meets, Kumaré forges profound, spiritual connections with real people from all walks of life. At the same time, in the absurdity of living as an entirely different person, Vikram the filmmaker is forced to confront difficult questions about his own identity. At the height of his popularity he reveals his greatest teaching: his true self. A playful yet genuine and insightful look at belief and spirituality, the film crosses a line few have dared to cross, all to discover: from illusion comes truth.

Kumare won the Audience Award for Best Documentary at the 2011 SXSW Film Festival.

Sounds nice to me, I'll probably check it out if it makes it's way to Canada. Obviously not in theater, because sadly things tend to hit DVD shelves either a week after release or as the only release. The days of theater are over. Stupid amazingly great giant TV I love. Damn you alluring magnificent square love goddess. Damn you. I'll watch a movie on you later sweety.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply