Anyone have regular massage?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2017, 10:11 PM
RE: Anyone have regular massage?
(09-09-2017 10:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(09-09-2017 09:40 PM)Loom Wrote:  I've never had one and never will. I hate being touched so much my hugs are awkward Sad

Oh, yeah, I can relate to that. I hate being hugged. I remember having to get over that feeling to get a massage, but it was worth the effort.

I like hugs but I prefer massages from my bf as opposed to a massage therapist, so I get the not wanting to be touched by a random person thing. But you are right, the benefits of massage are worth it. For people who don't like to be touched, restorative or yin yoga practices can help give you a similar feeling of relaxation, just an idea. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2017, 12:17 AM
I find float tanks relaxing for my muscles, weight free for an hour. The right yoga class can have the same affects as a massage for me, too.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
10-09-2017, 02:45 AM
(09-09-2017 03:06 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I get a Swedish-to-deep-tissue massage every 2-8 weeks depending on need. I've been doing this for about 5 years, and yes, regular massages do keep my problem areas in check. If I get busy and don't show up to appointments, that first massage back is rough.

Aliza,

I've been thinking on the same lines. Swedish did feel like the best so far, and 2 weeks intervals would be good.

I'm interested in your comment on 'problem areas'; any details? My problem area is osteo arthritis of the neck. This is why sports massage was a bit worrying, although I did tell the lady about it - still hurt a few days later.

Folks,

I love being touched in a friendly way. The best ever massage was from our daughter when she was little. I would give her 50p to walk up and down my back with me laying on the floor. It worked a treat. Smile

Reiki? Although not massage really, I have found it brilliant for a different reason. Don't know why but the healing session completely shut down my monkey mind. Guess something like that either works or it doesn't - mine worked.

D.
10-09-2017, 03:21 AM
(09-09-2017 04:34 PM)SYZ Wrote:  And don't believe anything Paltrow says about health. She's as thick as two short planks, and supports all sorts of medical quackery, such as quartz "eggs" up the pussy—I kid you not!

SYZ,

Anything is worth a try Smile, but unfortunately I don't have a pussy. No

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
10-09-2017, 07:35 AM
(10-09-2017 02:45 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(09-09-2017 03:06 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I get a Swedish-to-deep-tissue massage every 2-8 weeks depending on need. I've been doing this for about 5 years, and yes, regular massages do keep my problem areas in check. If I get busy and don't show up to appointments, that first massage back is rough.

Aliza,

I've been thinking on the same lines. Swedish did feel like the best so far, and 2 weeks intervals would be good.

I'm interested in your comment on 'problem areas'; any details? My problem area is osteo arthritis of the neck. This is why sports massage was a bit worrying, although I did tell the lady about it - still hurt a few days later.

Folks,

I love being touched in a friendly way. The best ever massage was from our daughter when she was little. I would give her 50p to walk up and down my back with me laying on the floor. It worked a treat. Smile

Reiki? Although not massage really, I have found it brilliant for a different reason. Don't know why but the healing session completely shut down my monkey mind. Guess something like that either works or it doesn't - mine worked.

D.

All spa treatments, even ones without any rational merit, work if you can let go and float in your mind for a while. Yoga probably works better than many of those treatments though.

When I used to travel a lot, I used to take advantage of the spas some of the big hotels have (especially in Vegas!). I would get a 3 or 4 hour package that went from massages to whirlpools with massage function to complete relaxation to pedicures and manicures. I'd emerge like newly born, all the stress from travels gone and ready to face conferences.

Other than the therapeutic massages that manipulate parts of your body in a way that induces muscle relaxation, all these treatments require you to play your part by emptying your mind. Then they all result in a general feeling of well being.

Probably the most remarkable treatment I had was on Cyprus of all places. It was a tub that you would lie back in. It has a rolling wave motion of the tub itself under your back, gently stretching your spine while the motion allowed jets to move across your body. I bet it was as close to being in the womb that we can get. It was absolutely relaxing.

I had only one massage with happy ending - and I didn't know what was coming, didn't notice any build-up. I was happily floating and - holy cow. That guy had some skills!

I see two types of spa treatments - those that are purely physical and result in muscle relaxation, and those that require mental relaxation to work. But really, all of them are much improved if you can let your mind float....

Have a look at services and fees here, and click to open those that interest you:

https://www.canyonranch.com/las-vegas/explore/spa/

It's one of the places I loved, very talented staff.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-09-2017, 07:56 AM
(10-09-2017 02:45 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  

Aliza,

Folks,

D.

I've got tight IT bands, which an orthopedist MD explained to me was a result of my relatively wide hips and narrow gate (paraphrasing). I also sprained my back and screwed up a ligament when I fell and landed on my back when I was a kid, so that's something that aggravates me too. Massage can't help that directly, but they dig into the muscles around my ligament.

When I go in for regular massages, I feel so good that I can forget that I even have problem areas. When I start skipping, I can really feel the difference.

I should finally get around to trying Yoga.

[Image: 09d906b36fe78d59e2909a7cd6ba956e--yoga-c...-pants.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
10-09-2017, 08:46 AM
(09-09-2017 09:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-09-2017 09:20 PM)yakherder Wrote:  When I lived in China and could afford it.

I'll trade you one for zucchini muffins Tongue

Clap

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
10-09-2017, 09:05 AM
I've had a few massages but not by a professional, only by the lady in my life, always feels good though and usually ends up with a legover Smile

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 1 user Likes Thedemonbarber's post
11-09-2017, 03:27 AM
(10-09-2017 07:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  https://www.canyonranch.com/las-vegas/explore/spa/

Dom,

That looks great, and I would need it after the jet lag of getting there. Sadcryface

I'm in the UK. Shy

D.
11-09-2017, 06:50 AM
(11-09-2017 03:27 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 07:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  https://www.canyonranch.com/las-vegas/explore/spa/

Dom,

That looks great, and I would need it after the jet lag of getting there. Sadcryface

I'm in the UK. Shy

D.

I mostly linked it because it shows a wide variety of currently available massage techniques and describes them adequately.

But, yes, it's a wonderful place albeit expensive.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man