Anyone here an environmentalist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2016, 07:21 AM
RE: Anyone here an environmentalist?
(03-10-2016 01:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  evetything that's supposed to be good for the environment carries a consequence.

I do drive a Prius, not for the environment but for the gas mileage. People love to inform me that my carbon footprint is no lower because of it. i really don't care.

I do try to recycle what I can, but the "rules" for recycling are beyond fucked up. Most people don't realize more than a third of what they "recycle" isn't recycled at all.

I do try to limit plastic use. I don't buy plastic wraps or bags -- I use my own bags when shopping that are made from cloth. I don't buy a lot of canned goods. I reuse glass jars when possible.

I have a glass jar that I use for honey. I buy it in bulk at Whole Foods once every few months. They weigh the glass container before it's filled.

I do the same thing for other bulk items, carry my own glass containers. My man thought that's stupid until he saw how much we saved.

I don't use the plastic bags for veggies.
And that bolded part is complete BS anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2016, 07:29 AM
EVERYONE is an environmentalist.

An environmentalist is a person who tries to manipulate his/her environment to an "ideal" state -- generally one that that person will feel comfortable in.

Good luck trying to get 3 people to agree on what that "ideal" is.

Like religion - a person's personal "environmentalism" is more likely to be the "right" version, than not........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-10-2016, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 10:09 AM by skyking.)
You can talk any talk you want, but you walk the walk with your recycled Saturns. Saving money on gas and cars also equals saving oil and disposal of cars in the environment. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
04-10-2016, 08:19 AM
Other that not littering I don't go out of my way to help the environment. I agree with George Carlin's point of view on the environment. Or at least what he said in his standup.
04-10-2016, 08:26 AM
(04-10-2016 07:34 AM)skyking Wrote:  You can talk any talk you want, but you walk the walk with you recycled Saturns. Saving money on gas and cars also equals saving oil and disposal of cars in the environment. Smile

My carbon footprint looks like a three legged mouse, it's that fuckin' small....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Using less of anything is beneficial to the environment. Of course one can argue that using anything at all carries a consequence for the environment, but using less, consuming less is better than using/consuming more. I have to remind myself of this often...chocolate....wine....
04-10-2016, 10:50 AM
(04-10-2016 09:30 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Using less of anything is beneficial to the environment. Of course one can argue that using anything at all carries a consequence for the environment, but using less, consuming less is better than using/consuming more. I have to remind myself of this often...chocolate....wine....

Just think of your chocolate consumption as "carbon sequestration"...

Big Grin

04-10-2016, 10:52 AM
"pats big buddha belly"
04-10-2016, 10:55 AM
(04-10-2016 07:21 AM)skyking Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 01:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I do drive a Prius, not for the environment but for the gas mileage. People love to inform me that my carbon footprint is no lower because of it. i really don't care.
And that bolded part is complete BS anyway.

It's something to do with what's involved to make the batteries and I guess when they eventually need to be replaced.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-10-2016, 12:00 PM
sorry moms, those that like to say that are just spewing sour grapes. The start of that old "Prius is bad" article was about a silver mine in Ontario that polluted for many years, since the 1800's.
They cleaned up their act decades ago, and Toyota buys 0.5% of the silver output of the now-cleaner mine.
It was exaggerated in several other areas.
It costs more to produce and recycle your car, but during the height of 4$ a gallon gas days it was more than offset.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post