Anyone here an environmentalist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2016, 02:50 PM
RE: Anyone here an environmentalist?
I just changed the oil and parked my Le Baron convertible for the winter...

Sure, it doesn't get great gas mileage -- only about 25 mpg or so.....

But, seeing I only drove it 2600 miles since May -- 10 mpg more wouldn't have made that big of dent in the budget anyway......

Now back to driving a 35 mpg car.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2016, 03:08 PM
(04-10-2016 12:00 PM)skyking Wrote:  sorry moms, those that like to say that are just spewing sour grapes. The start of that old "Prius is bad" article was about a silver mine in Ontario that polluted for many years, since the 1800's.
They cleaned up their act decades ago, and Toyota buys 0.5% of the silver output of the now-cleaner mine.
It was exaggerated in several other areas.
It costs more to produce and recycle your car, but during the height of 4$ a gallon gas days it was more than offset.

I had no idea. Thanks for the information. Even if it didn't reduce my footprint, I still love my car Heart Bryce!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-10-2016, 03:58 PM
(04-10-2016 03:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 12:00 PM)skyking Wrote:  sorry moms, those that like to say that are just spewing sour grapes. The start of that old "Prius is bad" article was about a silver mine in Ontario that polluted for many years, since the 1800's.
They cleaned up their act decades ago, and Toyota buys 0.5% of the silver output of the now-cleaner mine.
It was exaggerated in several other areas.
It costs more to produce and recycle your car, but during the height of 4$ a gallon gas days it was more than offset.

I had no idea. Thanks for the information. Even if it didn't reduce my footprint, I still love my car Heart Bryce!

Got some German in you?? It may be genetic.......

Because they pretty much perfected the "hybrid"...

In the late 1930's..........

Most people don't realize it -- but the U-boat fleet was all hybrids -- diesel/electric/batteries ---- and were the most fuel efficient vehicles in the world - at the time......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-10-2016, 04:22 PM
(04-10-2016 03:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 03:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I had no idea. Thanks for the information. Even if it didn't reduce my footprint, I still love my car Heart Bryce!

Got some German in you?? It may be genetic.......

Most people don't realize it -- but the U-boat fleet was all hybrids -- diesel/electric/batteries ---- and were the most fuel efficient vehicles in the world - at the time......

U.S. subs were all diesel-electric boats, too. They were mostly built by Electric Boat Co.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2016, 04:33 PM
(04-10-2016 04:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 03:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Got some German in you?? It may be genetic.......

U.S. subs were all diesel-electric boats, too. They were mostly built by Electric Boat Co.

And most were copied from earlier German designs......

04-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Exploring my options.
http://www.defensenews.com/articles/gm-l...k-for-army

'Murican Canadian
04-10-2016, 08:00 PM
bet that would go up very nicely if it caught a round in the right place.
Hindenburg concentrated.