Anyone here want to own a website?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2017, 07:06 PM
RE: Anyone here want to own a website?
I assume the old Internet Infidels library is not collapsing...at least hope not. Not exactly the old library at Alexandria but great resource for atheists both noob and old.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
24-08-2017, 01:04 AM
Folks,

I have been a member of Talk Freethought for years and the infidels before that.

IMHO this forum (here) is close in style and substance to TF and also friendliness. If a helpful offer is going to come, TTA is an excellent prospect.

Some people have mentioned Secular Cafe or Talk Rational as likely help, or places for TF posters to migrate to.

AFAIK the traffic at TF is pretty good, but the tech side of admin may be the problem, not money. If someone in the know from here was to talk with the current TF admin, that might be a good connection?

D.
[+] 2 users Like Dworkin's post
24-08-2017, 03:58 AM
Might it be worth inviting the current members to migrate over to here instead? Shut down a defective site, (due to various hacks), with management issues, and get them on here Smile

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
24-08-2017, 04:25 AM
(24-08-2017 03:58 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Might it be worth inviting the current members to migrate over to here instead? Shut down a defective site, (due to various hacks), with management issues, and get them on here Smile

Each site tends to have its own culture and feel, that may not work for the members over there.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-08-2017, 04:28 AM
That may be so, although I've seen we've had a fair few people come in from Amazon recently, and they've fit in very well. I think the offer should at least be put out there Smile

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
24-08-2017, 06:01 AM
(24-08-2017 04:28 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  That may be so, although I've seen we've had a fair few people come in from Amazon recently, and they've fit in very well. I think the offer should at least be put out there Smile

They are all welcome here, they just have to show up.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-08-2017, 02:42 AM
(24-08-2017 06:01 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 04:28 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  That may be so, although I've seen we've had a fair few people come in from Amazon recently, and they've fit in very well. I think the offer should at least be put out there Smile

They are all welcome here, they just have to show up.

Folks,

I'll certainly migrate over here ...Oh, wait. Huh

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post