Anyone know religious rules of public college

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2015, 04:39 PM
My teacher gives examples in class and most of them are Christian examples. They do enforce the point he's trying to teach but it's so annoying that he only uses Christian examples. Anyone know the rules?

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2015, 05:08 PM
RE: Anyone know religious rules of public college
What kind of examples?

I'm just thinking out loud.
23-01-2015, 05:30 PM
(23-01-2015 04:39 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  My teacher gives examples in class and most of them are Christian examples. They do enforce the point he's trying to teach but it's so annoying that he only uses Christian examples. Anyone know the rules?

What class is it ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-01-2015, 05:31 PM
I was made to read and report on a book titled "More God, Less Crime" in a criminology class. I pointed out to the teacher that it was inappropriate and that he should have at least had an alternate choice. He had made a snide remark about how even any atheists, if there were any, had to read it. I let him know that I was one of those atheists but also that the book was about the Christian god not the god followed by all his religious students.

The next semester that book wasn't on the required list any more for any classes at the school.

You need to speak up. Ask if there are any non-Christian examples he can use to make his point.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-01-2015, 11:10 AM
(23-01-2015 05:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-01-2015 04:39 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  My teacher gives examples in class and most of them are Christian examples. They do enforce the point he's trying to teach but it's so annoying that he only uses Christian examples. Anyone know the rules?

What class is it ?

Management of non-profit organizations. 1/3 are religious...ughh

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
24-01-2015, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2015 11:31 AM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
Xxxxx

24-01-2015, 11:31 AM
(23-01-2015 05:08 PM)KnowtheSilence Wrote:  What kind of examples?

He recommended that building a church would be a good idea, in passing. It's frustrating because, in my opinion, I shouldn't be able to tell that he's obviously a Christian. I pay good money to minimally deal with religion at my public college.

His examples are like....this Christian company's mission statement is "so-and-so". So technically I think THAT is permissible since we're talking about company mission statements, but a majority of the examples involve Christian companies. Idk maybe I'm just venting at this point idk

We have a project to develope our own non-profit company on paper. Maybe I should make a pastafarian organization so I can get religious 501c3 tax exemptions Tongue

24-01-2015, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2015 11:44 AM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
(23-01-2015 05:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I was made to read and report on a book titled "More God, Less Crime" in a criminology class. I pointed out to the teacher that it was inappropriate and that he should have at least had an alternate choice. He had made a snide remark about how even any atheists, if there were any, had to read it. I let him know that I was one of those atheists but also that the book was about the Christian god not the god followed by all his religious students.

The next semester that book wasn't on the required list any more for any classes at the school.

You need to speak up. Ask if there are any non-Christian examples he can use to make his point.

College is too political. It's tough to speak up. That's just how it is. You know how it goes. You stir things up and you run the risk of being graded differently and there's no way to prove it. I'm not new to this game. The superior can follow the rules and be unethical.

HOWEVER, you know I'll be writing that on the anonymous evaluation at the end of the course though. If I better understood the rules I could make a list of technically inappropriate things and present it on his evaluation at the end of the semester, once grades are in.

24-01-2015, 01:50 PM
(24-01-2015 11:39 AM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  College is too political. It's tough to speak up. That's just how it is. You know how it goes. You stir things up and you run the risk of being graded differently and there's no way to prove it.

At Maryland I challenged every thing the professors said. They appreciated the fact that at least someone was paying attention. Maybe you're going to the wrong uni.

(24-01-2015 11:39 AM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  I'm not new to this game. The superior can follow the rules and be unethical.

You're playing it different than Girly did.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus