Anyone lucky enough to live near a drive-in?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2012, 06:48 PM
RE: Anyone lucky enough to live near a drive-in?
Did anyone else "get lucky" at the drive-in?Banana_zorro

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Anyone lucky enough to live near a drive-in?
(20-08-2012 06:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  Did anyone else "get lucky" at the drive-in?Banana_zorro

I felt lucky to get the last slice of pizza!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
20-08-2012, 07:09 PM
(20-08-2012 07:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 06:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  Did anyone else "get lucky" at the drive-in?Banana_zorro

I felt lucky to get the last slice of pizza!

That's what I'm talkin' about!Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-08-2012, 07:51 PM
(20-08-2012 12:42 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  My wife and I live within 35 minutes of a drive-in movie theatre. For any of you in or near northern NJ, it is located in Warwick NY. If any of you want to go to a drive-in and have no idea if there is one nearby, check out drive-ins.com http://www.driveinmovie.com/ is another good resource. I think my wife and I will have to get there again before the end of the season.

I would love to live right next to a Burger King drive-in, though not so much a drive-in movie theater. Don't they rarely have any good movies or something?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
21-08-2012, 11:54 AM
I've lived in 2 cities with them on the outskirts over the last couple of years.

Never went to one... >_>

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]
24-08-2012, 04:14 AM
I just made my own drive-anywhere cinema. It's quite easy really, I was able to buy a projector for only 50$ (yes 50, and it works), I have a 12V to 220V converter in my car, an extreme 220V power stabilizer and my laptop. All I need is a piece of white cloth and I can go where ever I want, park my car and turn on any movie I want.

I win again!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
24-08-2012, 04:39 AM
(20-08-2012 07:51 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 12:42 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  My wife and I live within 35 minutes of a drive-in movie theatre. For any of you in or near northern NJ, it is located in Warwick NY. If any of you want to go to a drive-in and have no idea if there is one nearby, check out drive-ins.com http://www.driveinmovie.com/ is another good resource. I think my wife and I will have to get there again before the end of the season.

I would love to live right next to a Burger King drive-in, though not so much a drive-in movie theater. Don't they rarely have any good movies or something?

No, they play the current movies. The drive-in we go to is always doing double features as well. I see 2 movies for less than one at the regular theatre.
25-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Also one here in MI! Getty Drive in

“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.”
― Baruch Spinoza
29-08-2012, 08:14 AM
We have one about 5 minutes from my home. We take the family to it about once a month or so. Been going to it since I was a kid. My uncle lived next door to it when I was a kid and we used to sneak in all the time. Back then there were speakers you would have to hang on the car window to hear the movie before they did it by radio station. We would sneak up beside a car and listen. The first movie I remember seeing there was Predator. Hope it never goes out of business!!