Anyone play an instrument?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Music Anyone play an instrument?
Hello can't seem to find a thread related to this one, I may have missed it.
To start with I play guitar of the electric variety (poorly) although I'm sure I could play an acoustic as well if hard pressed to find an outlet or a handful of batteries...
I try to play a little bit of everything minus country and am progressing slower than I would like. I have two axes with which I destroy eardrums, the first is your standard run of the mill Squire statocaster of the black and white variety with a rosewood fretboard. The second is my baby, I've named her Lady Awesome. She is a Fender Blacktop Telecaster, and she is silver with a black pick guard and all chrome hardware as well as a sexy maple neck. I love both but if I had to shoot one in the face it would be the strat. I'm poor so I use a Roland Cube. The small one. But it's got surprisingly good tone and volume for such a cheap little thing. Plus I could probably beat on it with a sledge hammer for hours and have it still function the same, it's built like guantanamo. I would love to hear about any gear you folks might play with, and what songs you like to play, or even listen to.

Right now I am learning Crazy Train, as well as that song by chuck berry from back to the future... can't remember the name for some reason.
I mostly listen to 90's grunge such as soundgarden, nirvana, smashing pumpkins etc. But I also like classical music and videogame soundtracks. Oh yeah and Ceelo.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
09-06-2011, 08:59 PM
RE: Anyone play an instrument?
I played the clarinet in school. I was ok at it.

I did play the piano for many years of my younger life. I no longer have one available to me, and I do miss it. I wasn't too bad back in the day. The really sad part is that it's been so long since I've played, I've forgotten a lot. Yes I can still read music, but I have to think really hard about it. It used to come totally naturally and I've lost so much. Sad

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
09-06-2011, 09:04 PM
My oboe was pawned so I don't play it anymore, but I sometimes sing.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
09-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Jealous. I can't read music for shit, I read tabs which is like music for morons. Most of learning a song is from knowing it by having heard it before. I have a proposition for the two of you. Go and rekindle your love for playing music, and never let it go again. For this I will pat you both on the back and give a hearty hurrah!

What music do either of you listen to?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
09-06-2011, 09:38 PM
I listen to all music and am an online DJ

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
09-06-2011, 09:47 PM
(09-06-2011 09:32 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Jealous. I can't read music for shit, I read tabs which is like music for morons. Most of learning a song is from knowing it by having heard it before. I have a proposition for the two of you. Go and rekindle your love for playing music, and never let it go again. For this I will pat you both on the back and give a hearty hurrah!

What music do either of you listen to?

I do actually own a piano, but it's currently about 1500 miles away. :/ Someday I will get it back, it was my dad's. Smile

I listen to a lot of kinds of music, if I had to pick a favorite I'd say alternative rock? I guess? But I like lots of stuff. Love bluegrass. Big Grin If I had to pick a favorite band, its Third Eye Blind.

I HATE reggae, ska, and zydeco/cajun, lol.

I've recently found the awesome that is dubstep. Big Grin

Thanks for asking, nice thread, I hope we have some more folks stop in.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
09-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Well, I'm an adept with the boatswain's pipe. Guess those 2 years of music school really pay off Big Grin

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 2 users Like Thammuz's post
10-06-2011, 12:42 AM
Didgeridoo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC9w4KWEg...ure=relmfu

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
10-06-2011, 10:01 AM
(10-06-2011 12:42 AM)Filox Wrote:  Didgeridoo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC9w4KWEg...ure=relmfu

That's awesome

11-06-2011, 12:41 AM
It is awesome, but I'm nowhere near that guy in the video. Still, great instrument, makes you go into trance every time you play it, all the vibrations make your body go numb...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post