Anyone play an instrument?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2011, 09:30 AM
RE: Anyone play an instrument?
(10-06-2011 12:42 AM)Filox Wrote:  Didgeridoo...
I knew how to get tone out of that but i kinda forgot Blush

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2011, 02:26 PM

I play percussion.
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2011, 03:32 PM
By percussion do youmean drums? Xylophone? Something I'm unaware of that is simply titled percussion?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2011, 07:59 PM

(11-06-2011 03:32 PM)lucradis Wrote:  By percussion do youmean drums? Xylophone? Something I'm unaware of that is simply titled percussion?

I'm still in high school and in the band so I play multiple instruments. I played Marimba/Xylo, trapset, marching snare, etc.. Even the ocassional cowbellBig Grin.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes That sly kid's post
12-06-2011, 08:55 PM
More cowbell! Big Grin

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes trillium13's post
12-06-2011, 11:08 PM
I also play guitar (poorly) but I try to cover it up with massive amounts of distortion. :-p

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
13-06-2011, 10:07 AM
(12-06-2011 11:08 PM)aesirus Wrote:  I also play guitar (poorly) but I try to cover it up with massive amounts of distortion. :-p

Ha me too. Without intense levels of distortion even I wouldn't be able to listen to it. As exampled by every one of the quieter songs I've tried.

What gear are you playing with?
The next thing I think I want to get is a Mesa Boogie 525 amplifier, but holy canoly who has that kind of money.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
14-06-2011, 04:05 AM
Sadly I don't play an instrument other than a few chords on a guitar, but I write song lyrics and sing.

"Never underestimate how narrow-minded, petty and stupid people can be". Mark Fulton, forum member
14-06-2011, 10:11 AM
I believe entirely that your voice is an instrument as much as anything else. With that comes the ability to be good at it or bad at it.
I am terrible at it but I persist at it during all of my concerts. My amphitheater is also my shower, my audience is my soap and shampoo. The conditioner wears earplugs because it prefers female singers. Prude.

I tried my hand at writing lyrics once, but discovered I suck at it. I have no idea how musicians take lyrics and write music to them or vice versa. To me it's pure insanity. It doesn't help that I don't know how to write music properly.

We should all start a band. Anyone have any name suggestions?

15-06-2011, 06:09 PM
(14-06-2011 10:11 AM)lucradis Wrote:  We should all start a band. Anyone have any name suggestions?

Godless Heathens?
Amoral Baby Eaters?
Creation Deniers?
Unsaved Evildoers?

Snark works for me. I'm sure I can think of some more. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes trillium13's post