Anyone play an instrument?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2011, 06:15 PM
RE: Anyone play an instrument?
We could give a shout out to the site and call ourselves "the thinking artisans" =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2011, 03:32 PM
I tried this tread and found:

Band-name: Knemea Hookerana
Album name:God is beginning to resemble not a ruler, but the last fading smile of a cosmic Cheshire cat.
Album cover: [Image: 5832258050_91175ddf6e_m.jpg]

The album name might be on the long side though...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
17-06-2011, 02:30 PM
I play electric guitar. Been playing for over 2 years. As far as genres go, I play almost everything:

classic rock
rock n roll
hard rock
psychedelic rock
progressive rock
heavy metal
thrash metal
progressive metal
punk
metalcore
death metal
technical death metal
melodic death metal
deathcore

I could go on.

This is a song of mine I composed recently, although I am using digital samples not an actual guitar in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkntMw42psE

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
19-06-2011, 05:27 AM

Hello, new to the forums, and I play good old four string electric bass. I learned on punk, and decided the two twin humbucker 4 string was my path to glory. I have but one ax I love, and would like to get another next year. Its an Ibenez SREX2 special they did for guitar center a few years ago, and its has a squared shoulder around the edge, instead of the standard ibby rounded curvy things.

I am not professional, but oh I might wanna go that way. I did get a decent Ashdown Labs 4x10 that does an amazing job. Head is a Behringer, hey, its the ashdown labs copy though!

I play ummm... whatever. Seriously, as long as I can play what I want, I don't don't give TWO rats asses about what we play. I do enjoy playing with a great drummer though, nothing stretches the imagination of a good bassist than a drummer who understands and can pull you out.

Mostly rock though, to be honest... rock influenced by an extreme amount of my craptastic playing.
Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Man I forgot I started this thing back when I was new.

I was pretty funny then, not sure why my rep is only at twenty with wit like mine.

Anyways, not much musically has changed for me. I still play guitar, and have gotten better, but it's still slower than I'd like, and I don't play as often as I did do to boredom.

I was recently going to purchase one of my want list amps, but a "friend" of mine screwed me over so it didn't happen. Instead I randomly up an purchased a cheap little fender mustang 1. It's a 20 watt solid state amp emulator. It's fantastic. For the money it can't be beat. I'm keeping it forever. I'd still like my tube amp, but for now at least I have something truly fun to use with nearly limitless options.
It came with what's called Fender Fuse software. This is like peer sharing of amp emulations. It's pretty sweet.

Anyways, so many new members there's got to be more musicians lurking about.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Yes. Classical guitar.
Level: intermediate.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
[+] 2 users Like KVron's post
24-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Way to ignite my inferiority complex.

[Image: uwUsf.gif]

Is it like... hard? How long have you been playing?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
24-02-2012, 02:30 PM
I studied 3 years with a teacher but had to left guitar classes because of my real career.
I've been playing since 1990 but now I'm becoming bored of it. Besides, not many
people appreciate classical music on guitar (or at least the music I play!).

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
24-02-2012, 03:18 PM
I play the piano. Not sure what level I would classify myself as though I do like to write my own stuff.
24-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I play guitar and bass.

I also can play a little violin.

[Image: lebron-tiny-violin-thumb-400x300.gif]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post