24-02-2012, 08:53 PM
RE: Anyone play an instrument?
But by guitar do you mean

[Image: pastor-king-on-guitar~s600x600.jpg]

Or:

[Image: kerry_king.jpg]

Or by bass do you mean:

[Image: nickoliveri.jpg]

There's really no other option for bass players unfortunately. They're all a little off.

I've wanted to learn the violin ever since I saw some show that had an Korean girl playing heavy metal with an electric violin hooked up to a fuzz pedal. I can't find the video for the life of me, but it was seriously bad ass.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2012, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 09:11 PM by Erxomai.)
(24-02-2012 08:53 PM)lucradis Wrote:  But by guitar do you mean

[Image: pastor-king-on-guitar~s600x600.jpg]

There's really no other option for bass players unfortunately. They're all a little off.

I've wanted to learn the violin ever since I saw some show that had an Korean girl playing heavy metal with an electric violin hooked up to a fuzz pedal. I can't find the video for the life of me, but it was seriously bad ass.

I have been that guy, many a time. lulz
I don't think I have any pics of that. This was more typical for me (one of the few times I ever played with my big bro, so this is actually kind of a nice memory:

[Image: 106km6w.jpg]

I was this kind of bass player:

[Image: 107qkq9.jpg]

Only sitting down like a wuss because I had had hernia surgery 6 days before and discovered that my wound was seeping onto my shirt after carrying my bass and heavy amp so I decided I should sit rather than collapse during the gig.

These days, it's more like this...only now with about six months growth of longer hair.

[Image: 34zybra.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Hawaiian shirt! I called that shit!

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
24-02-2012, 09:12 PM
(24-02-2012 09:12 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  [quote='lucradis' pid='84429' dateline='1330139311']
Hawaiian shirt! I called that shit!

Yes you did. I almost posted it that other day. Dodgy

I like that it looks like I'm flipping off the camera in my last pic.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-02-2012, 09:22 PM
I played violin at school (it was compulsory) and a bass guitar in my 20's. We had an all girl band and played about 2 gigs! lol I wasn't that good but seeing that Status Quo were popular then it wasn't that hard to play well Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
24-02-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm jealous of anyone that can play better than I can and even more jealous of someone who can play AND sing at the same time.
But I'm allowed to be jealous because I'm going to hell anyways.

24-02-2012, 10:45 PM
(24-02-2012 09:22 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I played violin at school (it was compulsory) and a bass guitar in my 20's. We had an all girl band and played about 2 gigs! lol I wasn't that good but seeing that Status Quo were popular then it wasn't that hard to play well Big Grin

Chick musicians are uber hawt. Specially bass players. Blush

~Izel
24-02-2012, 10:48 PM
(24-02-2012 10:45 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-02-2012 09:22 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I played violin at school (it was compulsory) and a bass guitar in my 20's. We had an all girl band and played about 2 gigs! lol I wasn't that good but seeing that Status Quo were popular then it wasn't that hard to play well Big Grin

Chick musicians are uber hawt. Specially bass players. Blush

Yeh, you know it, baby!! lol

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
25-02-2012, 12:03 AM
A guide to choose your musical instrument:

[Image: how-to-choose-instrument.jpg]

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
25-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Yeah - I play Acoustic/Electric guitar. I like alot of the same stuff you do. I 'cover' alot of 90's tunes with my acoustic.
I started writing my own songs recently and playing them at open-mic nights around town.
I'm certain my guitar-revival/inspiration is due to my new-found worldview.
I want to write more about my worldview (i.e. atheism) but in such a way as to not alienate myself from the nice x-tians at the coffee-shops.
checkout my song 'Come Alive':
http://www.reverbnation.com/timeggenberger
[+] 2 users Like eggybaby's post