Anyone play an instrument?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2012, 09:06 AM
RE: Anyone play an instrument?
I play bass (electric) and would love to get an upright.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2012, 09:25 AM
(26-02-2012 09:06 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I play bass (electric) and would love to get an upright.

Get along Kid Charlemagne
Now your patrons have all left you in the red
Your low rent friends are dead

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-02-2012, 09:31 AM
But my stuff is always kitchen clean! Now I just need that Technicolor motorhome.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
26-02-2012, 03:01 PM
(26-02-2012 06:06 AM)Leela Wrote:  daylightlongnamething: Your cat is sweet Smile After reading this whole tread I thought I am the only multi-instrument-person. thanks for proving me wrong heh [...]

I wish I had a big room and the cash to get all these instruments again!

Thanks Leela, the cat's a rescue as are most ex-pat pets in the UAE.

I have a recorder and tin whistle too, fun to whip them out (:blushSmile for a solo and surprise the heck out of people. Owned a flute for a while but didn't get far with it.

Mrs Daylight is very patient with my gear taking up half the flat but she doesn't have much option as music's my job. Cool

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
26-02-2012, 03:16 PM
(26-02-2012 03:01 PM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  Mrs Daylight is very patient with my gear taking up half the flat but she doesn't have much option as music's my job. Cool
My cats (back then) used to bite my guitar stand when they wanted my attention Big Grin
What's your job?

Is flute something different than recorder or tinwhistle? Sorry to ask so stupid but it's not my foreign language and in German a flute is the family of instrument and then you will specify by adding a word > Floete (flute) - Blockfloete (recorder) - Querfloete (flute) - Panfloete (pan pipes) ...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:What's your job?

I'm lucky enough to make a living playing in pubs, clubs and restaurants.

Quote:Is flute something different than recorder or tinwhistle?

That's confusing isn't it? People seem have different names for the same instrument depending on musical genre or ethnicity. For me, a flute is played by blowing over the mouthpiece/hole and everything you blow down that has a reed like hole like a recorder is a whistle.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
[+] 1 user Likes daylightisabadthing's post
26-02-2012, 03:57 PM
(26-02-2012 03:48 PM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  That's confusing isn't it? People seem have different names for the same instrument depending on musical genre or ethnicity. For me, a flute is played by blowing over the mouthpiece/hole and everything you blow down that has a reed like hole like a recorder is a whistle.
Thanks for the explanation Smile

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-02-2012, 08:42 PM
(26-02-2012 04:16 AM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  This is me, more videos on the same channel.

I notice that you don't have any shots that contain two or more members of your band. Big Grin

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
26-02-2012, 10:30 PM
(26-02-2012 08:42 PM)No J. Wrote:  
(26-02-2012 04:16 AM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  This is me, more videos on the same channel.

I notice that you don't have any shots that contain two or more members of your band. Big Grin

I was just amazed you found that many talented guys who all look alike. Did you hold auditions? Was plastic surgery involved?

On the song...
Nice job! Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
27-02-2012, 06:12 PM
(26-02-2012 08:42 PM)No J. Wrote:  I notice that you don't have any shots that contain two or more members of your band. Big Grin

I'm working on that, still figuring out green-screening. The whole video editing thing is new to me.