Anyone see Ray Comfort's "Evolution vs. God" video?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2013, 06:13 PM
RE: Anyone see Ray Comfort's "Evolution vs. God" video?
Comfort is unquestionably the biggest douche nozzle in the known universe.

All of his attempts at persuading his flock rely solely on strawman and God of the gaps arguments. What's even more pathetic is that this spunkbucket tries to be scientific do disprove evolution.
Hello? Man who's breath smells of Kirk Cameron's knob??
First, if you can disprove evolution, go claim your Nobel prize. Second, you'll need to then prove that we were created by a god. Third, you'll need to prove that it was YOUR god, you simple-minded empty scrote bag.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2013, 06:37 PM
They say we atheists are obsessed with god, I think RC is obsessed with evolution, a non-issue save for a handful of disturbed people.

Yes I do know Muslims do not believe in evolution either (mostly) but that's not the choir RC is singing to.

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside,
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive -- Badlands; Bruce Springsteen

19-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Furthermore I'm not atheist because of evolution.

It's silly and obtuse to assume I or anyone else is.

19-07-2013, 06:55 PM
(19-07-2013 06:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Furthermore I'm not atheist because of evolution.

I disagree. I think that understanding evolution will help lead someone to atheism.

It's not inevitable, but it takes away a major theistic prop.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-07-2013, 06:57 PM
(19-07-2013 06:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Furthermore I'm not atheist because of evolution.

I agree with you, but for me that's really where it happened.

Although I was indoctrinated young, there was always a bit of a disconnection for me. Once I truly learned about how evolution works, that became the catalyst that destroyed god. I think anyone who can reconcile the two, and believes that God "pushed" evolution in certain directions, hasn't learned enough about evolution.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
19-07-2013, 07:20 PM
(19-07-2013 06:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  They say we atheists are obsessed with god, I think RC is obsessed with evolution, a non-issue save for a handful of disturbed people.

Yes I do know Muslims do not believe in evolution either (mostly) but that's not the choir RC is singing to.

My take on the evolution/creation thing is that because the creationist types are bible literalists, the success of the Theory of Evolution is the biggest threat to their authority over their congregations. It may be pure speculation on my part, but I'm positing that these people can't all be stupid. Some of them, at least, have to understand that the Theory is well-supported, and if even one part of their inerrant book is wrong, there goes their meal ticket.

Back when I was a nominal Catholic (this was a LONG time ago), a couple of fundies were on me about the foodstuffs used for the eucharist, playing word games such as "...he said this is my body, not this is like as my body...". The thing is that it is a lot easier to dance around something purely philisophical like the eucharist than it is to dance around something with 150 years of peer review behind it, so you get the fantasy world of Kent Hovind and the frontal assaults of Ray Comfort.

It's sad, really...

"I like theories you can test."
-- Sheldon Glashow

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
If doubt persists, have a hot fudge sundae.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes dclarion's post
19-07-2013, 07:33 PM
(19-07-2013 06:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  

I disagree. I think that understanding evolution will help lead someone to atheism.

It's not inevitable, but it takes away a major theistic prop.

I understand what you mean. I should have probably worded it different.

(19-07-2013 06:57 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  

I agree with you, but for me that's really where it happened.

Although I was indoctrinated young, there was always a bit of a disconnection for me. Once I truly learned about how evolution works, that became the catalyst that destroyed god. I think anyone who can reconcile the two, and believes that God "pushed" evolution in certain directions, hasn't learned enough about evolution.

I guess. But I do know a few people who do seem to know their shit about evolution and still believe in god. Now they might be more deist types...I don't know. But I do know they don't see a conflict between evolution and the bible.

19-07-2013, 07:37 PM
(19-07-2013 07:20 PM)dclarion Wrote:  
(19-07-2013 06:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  They say we atheists are obsessed with god, I think RC is obsessed with evolution, a non-issue save for a handful of disturbed people.

My take on the evolution/creation thing is that because the creationist types are bible literalists, the success of the Theory of Evolution is the biggest threat to their authority over their congregations. It may be pure speculation on my part, but I'm positing that these people can't all be stupid. Some of them, at least, have to understand that the Theory is well-supported, and if even one part of their inerrant book is wrong, there goes their meal ticket.

Back when I was a nominal Catholic (this was a LONG time ago), a couple of fundies were on me about the foodstuffs used for the eucharist, playing word games such as "...he said this is my body, not this is like as my body...". The thing is that it is a lot easier to dance around something purely philisophical like the eucharist than it is to dance around something with 150 years of peer review behind it, so you get the fantasy world of Kent Hovind and the frontal assaults of Ray Comfort.

It's sad, really...

I had a discussion with a "fundy" type just a few days ago, saying Catholics pray to others than god...then quoted scriptures forbidding doing that. I had to explain that they don't pray exactly to Mary or the saints...

It was the silliest discussion I've had since becoming atheist.

19-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Mom sbb,any chance it was on ray's page?
I saw a similar discussion there 2 days ago.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
19-07-2013, 08:11 PM
(19-07-2013 07:44 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Mom sbb,any chance it was on ray's page?
I saw a similar discussion there 2 days ago.

Hell no! I wouldn't waste my breath there. This was a friend. Not a "good" friend but someone I know. Big Grin