Anyone see Ray Comfort's "Evolution vs. God" video?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Anyone see Ray Comfort's "Evolution vs. God" video?
(19-07-2013 07:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-07-2013 06:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  I disagree. I think that understanding evolution will help lead someone to atheism.

It's not inevitable, but it takes away a major theistic prop.

I understand what you mean. I should have probably worded it different.

(19-07-2013 06:57 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  I agree with you, but for me that's really where it happened.

Although I was indoctrinated young, there was always a bit of a disconnection for me. Once I truly learned about how evolution works, that became the catalyst that destroyed god. I think anyone who can reconcile the two, and believes that God "pushed" evolution in certain directions, hasn't learned enough about evolution.

I guess. But I do know a few people who do seem to know their shit about evolution and still believe in god. Now they might be more deist types...I don't know. But I do know they don't see a conflict between evolution and the bible.

I'm of the view that gaining an understanding of pretty much anything scientific will help lead someone to atheism, because of the critical thinking involved. I remember a fundie on a bus who segued from christian dogma to chattering about pharmaceuticals, chaiming that morphine was "de-esterified heroin" (actually, it's the other way around; heroin is esterified morphine, a subtle but significant difference) and complaining that medications were supplied at less than technical grade (of course they are; it's not easy for a patient to handle 0.5 milligrams of pretty much any substance). The punch line: this jackass claimed to be a chemist.

"I like theories you can test."
-- Sheldon Glashow

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
If doubt persists, have a hot fudge sundae.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2013, 11:35 PM
I just looked at the Facebook page for this. Thank Athena there were some sensible people there, but sadly 1 denier of evolution is too much.
Find all posts by this user
20-07-2013, 12:16 AM
(19-07-2013 08:57 PM)dclarion Wrote:  
(19-07-2013 07:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I understand what you mean. I should have probably worded it different.

I guess. But I do know a few people who do seem to know their shit about evolution and still believe in god. Now they might be more deist types...I don't know. But I do know they don't see a conflict between evolution and the bible.

I'm of the view that gaining an understanding of pretty much anything scientific will help lead someone to atheism, because of the critical thinking involved. I remember a fundie on a bus who segued from christian dogma to chattering about pharmaceuticals, chaiming that morphine was "de-esterified heroin" (actually, it's the other way around; heroin is esterified morphine, a subtle but significant difference) and complaining that medications were supplied at less than technical grade (of course they are; it's not easy for a patient to handle 0.5 milligrams of pretty much any substance). The punch line: this jackass claimed to be a chemist.

That's a facepalm moment. I came at from a different perspective, when I began to pick apart the bible and began to realize that I didn't need a set of rules handed down from the bronze age to tell me it's wrong to kill.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

20-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Dont ask me why,but everytime i hear about extra stupid YECs,i think of ray comfort's page.

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
06-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Ugh... Where's the face palm emoticon?
28-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Theblaze.com is, once again, pushing a story about Ray Comfort's short video, Evolution vs. God, . . . and this time they are bringing up the youtuber Jaclyn Glenn who brought issue against the movie.

Needless to say, the theists on that site are all excited about "how Ray Comfort demolished the evolutionary theory". Too bad actual scientists don't get together, go to Ray Comfort's location and show him why he is absolutely wrong in his claims.
28-08-2013, 01:16 PM
I prefer to watch JaclynG's rebuttal.
Even Dawkins gave it a shoutout.

Hmmmm.... Jaclyn...

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
28-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Yeah, . . . . she's yummy . . .for sure! ;-)
28-08-2013, 02:55 PM
By the way, . . . where IS the best place to send someone to show them the evidential support for evolutionary biology?
31-08-2013, 03:04 AM
The zoo.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Evidence Against (?) Evolution RedJamaX 8 523 12-07-2014 07:12 AM
Last Post: true scotsman
  9 Unscientific Excuses to Ignore Evolution. Metazoa Zeke 13 843 16-06-2014 04:03 PM
Last Post: dancefortwo
  Scientist only want evolution to be true for money? Metazoa Zeke 34 741 23-03-2014 03:32 PM
Last Post: rampant.a.i.
  How to talk about evolution to a creationist Metazoa Zeke 2 301 16-03-2014 02:46 PM
Last Post: DemonicLemon
  Creationism/Evolution Drich 130 2,729 21-02-2014 03:55 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  A creationsist's idea of a "blow to evolution" Raptor Jesus 21 1,070 15-01-2014 08:38 AM
Last Post: sporehux
  Is it time for all religions to accept evolution? DLJ 11 406 24-12-2013 06:11 AM
Last Post: Vosur