Anyone see Ray Comfort's "Evolution vs. God" video?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2013, 04:23 PM
RE: Anyone see Ray Comfort's "Evolution vs. God" video?
I think I understand now. What the creationists want us to do is say that evolution and atheism is a matter of faith! It clearly isn't but if it was it would be faith taught in schools and then that would be establishing a religion in a public school. So they can move on and say "hey now we can move in too" I got those damn creationists nailed! Just listen to the way Ray "banana man" Comfort talks. always saying it takes more faith to be an atheist and all that shit.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2013, 06:26 AM
(24-09-2013 08:10 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I've posted this a couple times elsewhere, but I think it deserves a repost. One of my favorite talks on evolution, given by a practicing catholic. He goes through most of the main arguments used by creationists. I suggest watching it when you have the time. He's got a pretty good sense of humor too.

16:02 FTW

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
19-10-2013, 11:02 AM
(28-08-2013 09:55 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Theblaze.com is, once again, pushing a story about Ray Comfort's short video, Evolution vs. God, . . . and this time they are bringing up the youtuber Jaclyn Glenn who brought issue against the movie.

Needless to say, the theists on that site are all excited about "how Ray Comfort demolished the evolutionary theory". Too bad actual scientists don't get together, go to Ray Comfort's location and show him why he is absolutely wrong in his claims.

Why didn't actual scientists just put him in his place when he came to them
21-10-2013, 08:48 AM
As I understand the subject [others are far more knowledgeable about it], Ray Comfort expects something that evolution never states. I'll let others chime in on this.
21-10-2013, 09:00 AM
(19-10-2013 11:02 AM)David111 Wrote:  
(28-08-2013 09:55 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Theblaze.com is, once again, pushing a story about Ray Comfort's short video, Evolution vs. God, . . . and this time they are bringing up the youtuber Jaclyn Glenn who brought issue against the movie.

Needless to say, the theists on that site are all excited about "how Ray Comfort demolished the evolutionary theory". Too bad actual scientists don't get together, go to Ray Comfort's location and show him why he is absolutely wrong in his claims.

Why didn't actual scientists just put him in his place when he came to them

Why do you think there's an uproar over the edited footage?

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
21-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Anyone see Ray Comfort's "Evolution vs. God" video?
Ray is great at building straw men and breaking them down. His livelihood depends upon it. If he had to address actual facts, he'd go out of business.

(21-10-2013 08:48 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  As I understand the subject [others are far more knowledgeable about it], Ray Comfort expects something that evolution never states. I'll let others chime in on this.