Anyone see this fake Magellan quote?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
23-10-2013, 04:12 PM
RE: Anyone see this fake Magellan quote?
Agree totally, but remember that the Africans in question have not been "enlightened". Many (citation needed) Catholics who profess faith in New Guinea still believe in witches. I think it's not the faith, but the local policy of the local priests and monks in Africa that just don't trust the idea of condoms. Also I think the Right-wing media trumped up a few tragic pedophilia cases in the Church to satisfy their Republican constituency.

Sound good?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2013, 04:26 PM
(23-10-2013 04:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Agree totally, but remember that the Africans in question have not been "enlightened". Many (citation needed) Catholics who profess faith in New Guinea still believe in witches. I think it's not the faith, but the local policy of the local priests and monks in Africa that just don't trust the idea of condoms. Also I think the Right-wing media trumped up a few tragic pedophilia cases in the Church to satisfy their Republican constituency.

Sound good?

No.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-10-2013, 04:31 PM
(23-10-2013 04:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Agree totally, but remember that the Africans in question have not been "enlightened". Many (citation needed) Catholics who profess faith in New Guinea still believe in witches. I think it's not the faith, but the local policy of the local priests and monks in Africa that just don't trust the idea of condoms. Also I think the Right-wing media trumped up a few tragic pedophilia cases in the Church to satisfy their Republican constituency.

Sound good?

It was a decree from the pope so no.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
23-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Wikiquote says[1] that the earliest known mention is from Green Ingersoll's "Individuality"[2], dated 1873.
[1] http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Magellan
[2] http://www.infidels.org/library/historic...ality.html

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
23-10-2013, 05:24 PM
(23-10-2013 04:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Sound good?

It was a decree from the pope so no.

Which Pope?
23-10-2013, 05:24 PM
(23-10-2013 05:17 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  Wikiquote says[1] that the earliest known mention is from Green Ingersoll's "Individuality"[2], dated 1873.
[1] http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Magellan
[2] http://www.infidels.org/library/historic...ality.html

huh. I trust wikis (I'm part of one) and seems like they got it again!
23-10-2013, 05:25 PM
(23-10-2013 04:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Sound good?

No.

Thank you for your thoughtful and in depth answer Wink
23-10-2013, 05:28 PM
(23-10-2013 05:24 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(23-10-2013 04:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It was a decree from the pope so no.

Which Pope?

JP da duece

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
23-10-2013, 05:30 PM

23-10-2013, 05:35 PM
(23-10-2013 05:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Anti-Catholic retard. (Not you, him)