Anyone seen this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2010, 02:47 AM
Anyone seen this?
http://www.moillusions.com/2006/06/mummy...r-not.html

I agree with the text in the article on this one. Something about this seams fishy. No pun intended. The first thing I thought of was "mule head with huge teeth and a fishtale. Does anyone no more about this?

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2010, 01:24 PM
RE: Anyone seen this?
That reminds me of a taxidermist creation I saw that made a creature by adding horses teeth and rabbit fur to a jack fish. It was hilarious. No one tried to pass that off as real for more than a couple minutes, just long enough to get a laugh. Tongue

Wait until you see that thing in a respectable science or fishing journal before you see it as anything more than a hoax.
11-12-2010, 03:12 PM
(11-12-2010 01:24 PM)No J. Wrote:  Wait until you see that thing in a respectable science or fishing journal before you see it as anything more than a hoax.

I don´t think i`ll ever bother checking. looks to fake. What I´m wondering is how he made it. what parts did he use?

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
12-12-2010, 12:43 AM
I am not an expert so don't bet I am right, but here goes a stab at it. The teeth may be from one or more animals. The canines look like they may be from a a large cat. Maybe the size of a leopard. The eyes do not look fishlike at all to me. They seem like that of a land animal. The head bulges in a way that gives me the impression that ther is a skull of a land animal under the skin of the fish. I think the basic body is that of some kind of fish.

Is there anyone around with taxidermy experience or any other experteze that can shed light onto this thing? I would like to if there is any accuracy in my guesses at all, and I would like to know what that thing is made out of.