Anyone seen this on Facebook lately?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2016, 07:38 AM
Anyone seen this on Facebook lately?
I have seen this on FB a few times recently.

The really disturbing thing is that the people don't realize they are showing this was an impossible feat by showing what it would actually take to build it. You can see steel plates and bolts at 1:40. The cranes, the army of workers, the powertools, the modern insulation. All of this and the poor guys in Kentucky are footing the bill. I pity these people so much.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
05-07-2016, 07:56 AM
RE: Anyone seen this on Facebook lately?
Not just the poor guys in Ky, tax payers are funding this. I may be mistaken but I thought we had a post about this around here somewhere and it's also been given federal funds too. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
05-07-2016, 08:46 AM
(05-07-2016 07:56 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Not just the poor guys in Ky, tax payers are funding this. I may be mistaken but I thought we had a post about this around here somewhere and it's also been given federal funds too. Sad

Nobody is being given any funds. They are getting state tax incentives. While you and I may not agree with tax incentives for an organization like Ham's for profit, it isn't unusual for states to do that kind of thing to try to get businesses to locate within their boundaries. The Ark Park isn't being treated any differently than Chevrolet, Ford or Toyota in this regard.

There is $10,000,000 in KY's proposed budget for improvements to the I-75 exit that serves the park. While that will probably benefit the park in the long run those types of decisions are hopefully based on traffic patterns as opposed to some perverse desire to make Ken Ham richer.

I haven't heard anything about any federal incentives...

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
05-07-2016, 09:03 AM
(05-07-2016 08:46 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 07:56 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Not just the poor guys in Ky, tax payers are funding this. I may be mistaken but I thought we had a post about this around here somewhere and it's also been given federal funds too. Sad

Nobody is being given any funds. They are getting state tax incentives. While you and I may not agree with tax incentives for an organization like Ham's for profit, it isn't unusual for states to do that kind of thing to try to get businesses to locate within their boundaries. The Ark Park isn't being treated any differently than Chevrolet, Ford or Toyota in this regard.

There is $10,000,000 in KY's proposed budget for improvements to the I-75 exit that serves the park. While that will probably benefit the park in the long run those types of decisions are hopefully based on traffic patterns as opposed to some perverse desire to make Ken Ham richer.

This is not a public park or museum and not even classified as a tourist attraction, this is a religious propaganda center. They don't qualify for millions in tax incentives.

Clearly this is a breach of the separation of church and state. Some religious enterprises do get to have tax money for special non-religious community support purposes like soup kitchens and shelters BUT they have restrictions that they may NOT proselytize their beliefs.

This place is not a community support operation and they are, do and will proselytize. They do not meet the requirements of receiving anyone's tax money.

05-07-2016, 09:55 AM
(05-07-2016 07:56 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I may be mistaken but I thought we had a post about this around here somewhere and it's also been given federal funds too.

Ark EncounterRolleyes

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
05-07-2016, 10:19 AM
(05-07-2016 09:55 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 07:56 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I may be mistaken but I thought we had a post about this around here somewhere and it's also been given federal funds too.

Ark EncounterRolleyes

Thx, ....geesh, 7 pages. Sad

[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
05-07-2016, 10:29 AM
It has a bulbous bow Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
05-07-2016, 10:30 AM
(05-07-2016 09:03 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 08:46 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Nobody is being given any funds. They are getting state tax incentives. While you and I may not agree with tax incentives for an organization like Ham's for profit, it isn't unusual for states to do that kind of thing to try to get businesses to locate within their boundaries. The Ark Park isn't being treated any differently than Chevrolet, Ford or Toyota in this regard.

This is not a public park or museum and not even classified as a tourist attraction, this is a religious propaganda center. They don't qualify for millions in tax incentives.

Clearly this is a breach of the separation of church and state. Some religious enterprises do get to have tax money for special non-religious community support purposes like soup kitchens and shelters BUT they have restrictions that they may NOT proselytize their beliefs.

This place is not a community support operation and they are, do and will proselytize. They do not meet the requirements of receiving anyone's tax money.

I'm afraid you missed my point. They didn't apply for the type of support sometimes given to nonprofits like soup kitchens. This place is a for profit business. As such it is eligible for the same kind of tax breaks the state offers to other for profit businesses such as automobile manufacturers.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
05-07-2016, 10:31 AM
(05-07-2016 10:19 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 09:55 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Ark EncounterRolleyes

Thx, ....geesh, 7 pages. Sad

Once I went searching for a thread in atheism/theism, when I finally found it, it was well over 50 pages.

I know the information I needed was in there somewhere but....yeah, wasn't going to search through to try to find it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-07-2016, 12:31 PM
I don't understand what Xians get out of building this thing if they don't actually fill it up with animals and set it sail. Also, even if they were able to do that and it lasted a year on the water that still wouldn't prove anything, the Bible story didn't really happen, there is not one shred of evidence that a global flood ever occurred, especially not in that time frame.

I'd love to see it on water though, I doubt they will do that because it would sink but isn't that the whole point? To re-create the biblical ship? I'd love to see how they take care of so many animals and bugs during that time as well, let's see how it really happened or stop wasting your time and resources.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post