Anyone seen this on Facebook lately?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2016, 02:11 PM
RE: Anyone seen this on Facebook lately?
Although I'd love to see them try to float this thing, I'm against cruelty to animals (and bugs).
Love to see PETA's protest of it tho Tongue

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
06-07-2016, 01:49 PM
(05-07-2016 12:31 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I don't understand what Xians get out of building this thing if they don't actually fill it up with animals and set it sail. [...]

It cost Ken Hambone $100 million to build the thing; he hopes to get a return of US$137 million per annum from gullible visitors (average US$68.50 per head by an estimated 2 million visitors a year). The leaning Tower of Pisa attracts "only" one million visitors per annum—for a ticket price of US$19—so I can't see this silly ark replica earning as much sucker-money as the 800-year-old original tower—which I can climb for fifty bucks less. Poor old Kenny's dreaming.

And Hambone is selling its as "the biggest timber-framed structure on the planet", presumably by ignoring the hundreds of tonnes of steel and concrete that support and hold it together. And from an engineering viewpoint, no, it most definitely wouldn't float— it'd be negatively buoyant. Although in that sense, I guess you could say it's an exact replica of a mythical boat LOL.

I note that the ark is due to open tomorrow in accord with Genesis 7:7 (describing Noah entering the ark). What a wank.

Facepalm

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
06-07-2016, 03:54 PM
(06-07-2016 01:49 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 12:31 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I don't understand what Xians get out of building this thing if they don't actually fill it up with animals and set it sail. [...]

It cost Ken Hambone $100 million to build the thing; he hopes to get a return of US$137 million per annum from gullible visitors (average US$68.50 per head by an estimated 2 million visitors a year). The leaning Tower of Pisa attracts "only" one million visitors per annum—for a ticket price of US$19—so I can't see this silly ark replica earning as much sucker-money as the 800-year-old original tower—which I can climb for fifty bucks less. Poor old Kenny's dreaming.

And Hambone is selling its as "the biggest timber-framed structure on the planet", presumably by ignoring the hundreds of tonnes of steel and concrete that support and hold it together. And from an engineering viewpoint, no, it most definitely wouldn't float— it'd be negatively buoyant. Although in that sense, I guess you could say it's an exact replica of a mythical boat LOL.

I note that the ark is due to open tomorrow in accord with Genesis 7:7 (describing Noah entering the ark). What a wank.

Facepalm

I do feel bad for Xians sometimes when they get suckered into spending money on dumb shit like this...well actually they kinda deserve it. I mean yeah it would be cool to go see a big ass ship but if it's not sea-worthy who gives a damn? Also I really hope Ken doesn't make anything close to $100 million on this thing, hopefully he doesn't even crack $1 million, I know it sounds like a fantasy but you just gotta have faith. Wink

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
06-07-2016, 08:29 PM
(05-07-2016 07:38 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I have seen this on FB a few times recently.

The really disturbing thing is that the people don't realize they are showing this was an impossible feat by showing what it would actually take to build it. You can see steel plates and bolts at 1:40. The cranes, the army of workers, the powertools, the modern insulation. All of this and the poor guys in Kentucky are footing the bill. I pity these people so much.

There was another story done on this that I made a stupid parody of.

The ark thing is very disturbing, but not the first time someone built a giant wooden boat. I think there is one somewhere on the other side of the planet. There are also dozens or more creation museums around the states as well. I think there might still be one in oregon.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
06-07-2016, 09:28 PM
(06-07-2016 08:29 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 07:38 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I have seen this on FB a few times recently.

The really disturbing thing is that the people don't realize they are showing this was an impossible feat by showing what it would actually take to build it. You can see steel plates and bolts at 1:40. The cranes, the army of workers, the powertools, the modern insulation. All of this and the poor guys in Kentucky are footing the bill. I pity these people so much.

There was another story done on this that I made a stupid parody of.

The ark thing is very disturbing, but not the first time someone built a giant wooden boat. I think there is one somewhere on the other side of the planet. There are also dozens or more creation museums around the states as well. I think there might still be one in oregon.

That was great. Thumbsup

It is refreshing to see there are people out there like that pastor at 3:10.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac