Anyone still got faith in humanity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2012, 06:18 PM
RE: Anyone still got faith in humanity?
(14-09-2012 06:15 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Yeah but its not a science topic.

It is a test my young apprentice, to see if you are worthy of joining the ranks, of the miserable old bastards!!. There's a few of us on this forum.

Of course it's science. It's a thread about how the rest of the world views science. The scariest thing for me is that doctors are probably the most liked of all scientists, I mean hell, they cure cancer and shit. If that's what people think of doctors then just imagine what they think of physicists, and I don't even wanna think about what they think of evolutionary biologists.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2012, 02:08 AM
Where I work we have teams of people dedicated to helping people in very bad situations, actual life and death stuff.
My cynicism has hit a point where I now realise some of those that are saved do not deserve it. Oddly enough, those who have subscribed to our service are not the ones I’m beginning to despise, those who blindly go along and then panic and expect some kindly volunteer to assist them however, and then act like they deserved it all along…

Darwinism, we keep it from happening and we will suffer for it more and more.

My heart goes out to the doctors, dedicating their lives to helping to those who mistrust and dislike them.

I still like my job though, not all is lost!

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
15-09-2012, 02:24 AM
I maintain hope in humanity. Of course, it is sad that those are the top searches, but let's be honest. Humans have a fragile mind. Their fear of mortality will change their mindset about doctors, and they will beg for the treatment. Why do you think so many people have medicare? It isn't because they don't want doctors to take care of them.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
15-09-2012, 07:21 AM
(14-09-2012 06:15 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 06:03 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Yeah I get you. How could anyone link doctors to science?!

This is the perfect place for it.

PS. Stop ruining my transition to grumpy old man with your stupid links Big Grin.

Yeah but its not a science topic.

It is a test my young apprentice, to see if you are worthy of joining the ranks, of the miserable old bastards!!. There's a few of us on this forum.

It's political science when a respected member asks such a polling thread. Thumbsup

With me seeing conservation of entropy the universal moral law and simulation of future the key to consciousness, I hafta say, humanity's the only game in town. So, yeah.

Besides, I love my Gwynnies! Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-09-2012, 07:29 AM
...and another thing. This cracker honky ain't gonna go stir up a bunch of street niggers. But those who cringe at the racism of such phraseology only to turn around and dis humanity, ain't logical. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-09-2012, 08:18 AM
(15-09-2012 02:08 AM)Karl Wrote:  My heart goes out to the doctors, dedicating their lives to helping to those who mistrust and dislike them.

You're removing your heart and giving it to doctors?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-09-2012, 03:30 PM
(14-09-2012 06:18 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 06:15 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Yeah but its not a science topic.

Of course it's science. It's a thread about how the rest of the world views science. The scariest thing for me is that doctors are probably the most liked of all scientists, I mean hell, they cure cancer and shit. If that's what people think of doctors then just imagine what they think of physicists, and I don't even wanna think about what they think of evolutionary biologists.

Actually, for physicists its not that bad. The worst when you google that is "physicists are arrogant". It's not really that bad for biologists either (stupid and mean). When I typed in evolutionists, though, it came up with about the same results as for doctors.

"Leave the atom alone."
-E.Y. Harburgh
15-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Try "atheists are ". Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
15-09-2012, 03:53 PM
(15-09-2012 03:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  Try "atheists are ". Angry
Cheer up. Thumbsup

[Image: d0cfF.png]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 8 users Like Vosur's post
15-09-2012, 04:15 PM
(15-09-2012 03:53 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-09-2012 03:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  Try "atheists are ". Angry
Cheer up. Thumbsup

[Image: d0cfF.png]

Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity! Banana_zorro

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post