Anyone still undecided?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2016, 12:57 PM
RE: Anyone still undecided?
(18-09-2016 12:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 12:46 PM)kim Wrote:  At my local caucus, I was elected to be a delegate for my district. At our state democratic convention, we chose four representatives for Bernie and one for Hillary to go to the DNC. For the first time ever, the majority of my state went democrat and the majority of democrats went with Bernie. We were pretty much left hanging.
I can't actually say what I'll do at the voting booth.

Brownback.

Don't even go there.
There are people in this state that are ready to disappear him - Chilean military style. Kris Kobach, too - he's another meddling pile of shit we get to deal with.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2016, 01:10 PM
I've decided I'm going to run for president. Tongue

Seriously, though, I know who I'm voting for. Trump scares the fuck outta me. At least when Hillary speaks she sounds like she knows what the fuck she's talking about. I'd vote for hobo here - a fucking emoji, ffs - before I'd vote for Trump. Hobo

Hobo for President!! Hobo

[+] 6 users Like Escape Artist's post
18-09-2016, 01:11 PM
(18-09-2016 12:52 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  But, I'm wondering about the questions I posed in my OP. If you can't say which way you'll vote, can you share what you think you would need to hear from these candidates to make you feel good about casting a vote for them?

These candidates? Nope, not these ones. Not any of these ones.

(18-09-2016 12:52 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Like, let's say Stein stands for what you would like to see in a leader, but you know your vote (and people who feel like you in your state) could lead to someone getting elected that you don't want to be president, can you still vote for that person?
That's the wrestle for most, I'm sure. I've seen the ticket split many times to no good and this situation is really no different.
I'm at the point of seeing how I feel when I wake up that November morning.

Until that time, I'll wait for that ever-never miracle to happen.
I'm only in control of me.
Me the people. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
18-09-2016, 02:39 PM
(18-09-2016 01:10 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I've decided I'm going to run for president. Tongue

Seriously, though, I know who I'm voting for. Trump scares the fuck outta me. At least when Hillary speaks she sounds like she knows what the fuck she's talking about. I'd vote for hobo here - a fucking emoji, ffs - before I'd vote for Trump. Hobo

Hobo for President!! Hobo

Brannigan 2016!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
18-09-2016, 03:55 PM
I am completely undecided...........

on where I am moving if Trump wins.
[+] 5 users Like ShadowProject's post
18-09-2016, 06:13 PM
I am still undecided. I am not in the country so voting is more complicated from here. When I was in Panama last round I was 20 minutes from the US Embassy and went down the day before the actual election thinking I may be too late, but they gave me a ballot and I dropped it in a box as an early voter, but from this out post of civiliarion no such easy method is available. I may go to Baton Rouge to work as a volunteer disaster relief worker and if so I can h=then vote there. But I still don't know if I will vote for Hillary or T Rump or maybe Jill. I would have preferred Bernie, but we can seldom have what we prefer.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
18-09-2016, 06:17 PM
(18-09-2016 06:13 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I am still undecided. I am not in the country so voting is more complicated from here. When I was in Panama last round I was 20 minutes from the US Embassy and went down the day before the actual election thinking I may be too late, but they gave me a ballot and I dropped it in a box as an early voter, but from this out post of civiliarion no such easy method is available. I may go to Baton Rouge to work as a volunteer disaster relief worker and if so I can h=then vote there. But I still don't know if I will vote for Hillary or T Rump or maybe Jill. I would have preferred Bernie, but we can seldom have what we prefer.

Did you know Jill Stein thinks wifi gives children cancer? And supports anti-vaxxers? Did I narrow your choice? Thumbsup

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
18-09-2016, 06:18 PM
(18-09-2016 06:13 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I am still undecided. I am not in the country so voting is more complicated from here. When I was in Panama last round I was 20 minutes from the US Embassy and went down the day before the actual election thinking I may be too late, but they gave me a ballot and I dropped it in a box as an early voter, but from this out post of civiliarion no such easy method is available. I may go to Baton Rouge to work as a volunteer disaster relief worker and if so I can h=then vote there. But I still don't know if I will vote for Hillary or T Rump or maybe Jill. I would have preferred Bernie, but we can seldom have what we prefer.

Bernie is desperately trying to keep Trump out of office. I bet it's destroying him to see what is happening now.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-09-2016, 06:22 PM
(18-09-2016 06:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  

Bernie is desperately trying to keep Trump out of office. I bet it's destroying him to see what is happening now.

My problem with Bernie supporters is most of them are acting like petulant children. They spout off their undying love and loyalty for this guy and after he loses they show their loyalty was paper thin. The guy gets most of the platform he wants and tells his supporters they have one candidate to choose to get as close to what they want as possible. If they trusted him in the primaries, why do they now tell him to fuck off when he says you must vote for Hillary? SMH.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
18-09-2016, 09:19 PM
(18-09-2016 06:22 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 06:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  Bernie is desperately trying to keep Trump out of office. I bet it's destroying him to see what is happening now.

My problem with Bernie supporters is most of them are acting like petulant children. They spout off their undying love and loyalty for this guy and after he loses they show their loyalty was paper thin. The guy gets most of the platform he wants and tells his supporters they have one candidate to choose to get as close to what they want as possible. If they trusted him in the primaries, why do they now tell him to fuck off when he says you must vote for Hillary? SMH.
It might have something to do with him saying that you shouldn't listen to him when he tells you to vote a certain way earlier this year. He said that you should make these decisions for yourself and that it's up to Hillary to convince his supporters of her merits (see below). Another contributing factor could be that the changes Bernie was able to make to the Democratic platform are in no way binding. Many of his supporters see it as an empty victory because nothing obligates Hillary to enact those changes once elected. They trust Bernie, but they don't trust Hillary and rightly so. She's been lying to the American people about her e-mail scandal for over a year. You would have to be very gullible to believe anything she promises you on the campaign trail.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post