Anyone still undecided?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2016, 05:26 PM
RE: Anyone still undecided?
(21-09-2016 03:52 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 01:34 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Meh. The question was hypothetical. I'm from Arkansas; we vote for Clintons. It's what we do, main. Tongue Though Trump was winning in my current state of Missouri (misery) last time I looked. Facepalm

Just feels like if all we ever do is vote for the lesser of 2 evils, all we'll ever get in the White House will be evil. Undecided

How can 'evil' be measured?

In this context, it can be measured by counting however many decisions will be made on behalf of a candidate's campaign contributors, or won't be made in protection of their political career, versus those that could made on behalf of ALL U.S. citizens.
Decisions that might cause those campaign contributors, instead of the citizenry, to feel a pinch in the pocket book, or with total disregard for what other elected officials in Washington will do to keep the candidate from being re-elected for a second term.

'Evil' just sounds better than:
Voting for the lesser of 2~candidates who won't give a damn about changing anything for the better & will keep the same ol' shit going, after they're safely elected. Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
21-09-2016, 05:33 PM
(21-09-2016 05:26 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 03:52 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  How can 'evil' be measured?

In this context, it can be measured by counting however many decisions will be made on behalf of a candidate's campaign contributors, or won't be made in protection of their political career, versus those that could made on behalf of ALL U.S. citizens.
Decisions that might cause those campaign contributors, instead of the citizenry, to feel a pinch in the pocket book, or with total disregard for what other elected officials in Washington will do to keep the candidate from being re-elected for a second term.

'Evil' just sounds better than:
Voting for the lesser of 2~candidates who won't give a damn about changing anything for the better & will keep the same ol' shit going, after they're safely elected. Tongue

Evil is nothing more than a concept.

Trump can be called evil, but we really don't know until he is in power whether he fits that particular concept. Same with Hilary.

They are in it for one reason: ego.

My concept of evil would include some of the following characters, some real, some not.

Pol Pot
Hitler (Der!)
Mussolini.
Every Pope.
Jesus.
Genghis Khan.
Tojo.
Justinian.
Caracalla.
Commodus.
Stalin.

The end is listless.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
23-09-2016, 10:07 PM
I was a Bernie fan, so I was going to vote Hillary,but not thrilled about that prospect. Hubby is voting Trump, begrudgingly, so instead of canceling each other out, we are just going to vote for Gary Johnson. This voting cycle stinks.

Lighthouses are more helpful than churches. — Benjamin Franklin
[+] 3 users Like Exfundy's post
24-09-2016, 12:50 PM
(23-09-2016 10:07 PM)Exfundy Wrote:  I was a Bernie fan, so I was going to vote Hillary,but not thrilled about that prospect. Hubby is voting Trump, begrudgingly, so instead of canceling each other out, we are just going to vote for Gary Johnson. This voting cycle stinks.

Exfundy,

That's really good; two votes for someone you both like. Its a protest vote but better than the Mexican standoff. Smile

D.
[+] 2 users Like Dworkin's post
24-09-2016, 01:04 PM
I find protest votes to be a tad childish and near-sighted. When people say they are voting their conscience by picking Johnson, I can't help but feel sorry for our country. Are you seriously saying your conscience is clear voting not only for someone who is absolutely clueless and unprepared to be our president, but that you would in essence help one of the other candidates you can't stand? How does that clear your conscience?

If all things are equal in your hatred or disgust for the leading candidates, then why not search your mind for the most important issue as it pertains to you and vote for whomever will help that bottom line? I see zero logic in a protest vote.

I'm pro-choice, pro-LGBTQ, pro-equal rights, pro-union, pro-vax and anti-religion. Even if I hated Clinton and Trump equally, any of those stances, should they be most important to me, would make me vote Democrat. Voting for Johnson, Klein or Trump supports none of those goals. The fringe candidates may stand for some of those ideals, but they CAN'T win, and Trump pretty much stands for everything I despise. I just don't see any other choice.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
24-09-2016, 01:16 PM
(24-09-2016 01:04 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I find protest votes to be a tad childish and near-sighted. When people say they are voting their conscience by picking Johnson, I can't help but feel sorry for our country. Are you seriously saying your conscience is clear voting not only for someone who is absolutely clueless and unprepared to be our president, but that you would in essence help one of the other candidates you can't stand? How does that clear your conscience?

If all things are equal in your hatred or disgust for the leading candidates, then why not search your mind for the most important issue as it pertains to you and vote for whomever will help that bottom line? I see zero logic in a protest vote.

I'm pro-choice, pro-LGBTQ, pro-equal rights, pro-union, pro-vax and anti-religion. Even if I hated Clinton and Trump equally, any of those stances, should they be most important to me, would make me vote Democrat. Voting for Johnson, Klein or Trump supports none of those goals. The fringe candidates may stand for some of those ideals, but they CAN'T win, and Trump pretty much stands for everything I despise. I just don't see any other choice.

I agree. This is not the election to vote 3rd party.

The side that loses the most to 3rd party will most likely lose the election.

That being said, I invite all Bernie supporters to vote for Jill Stein.

Thank you.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
24-09-2016, 01:17 PM
(24-09-2016 01:16 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I agree. This is not the election to vote 3rd party.

Thank you.

Santorum 2016!

#sigh
24-09-2016, 01:21 PM
(24-09-2016 01:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-09-2016 01:16 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I agree. This is not the election to vote 3rd party.

Thank you.

Santorum 2016!

Do it!

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
24-09-2016, 01:25 PM
(24-09-2016 01:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(24-09-2016 01:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Santorum 2016!

Do it!

He was good enough for me in the primaries and he's good enough for me in the general.

#sigh
27-09-2016, 04:47 PM
(19-09-2016 07:25 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Thanks DLJ, as always a poignant response. I'm not so sure independents fall into the Bernie supporters camp because those supporters must be registered Democrat to vote in primaries. So, yes, Independents like to straddle the middle because they generally believe in certain things that each party embraces, so they don't fall on one side or the other.
---

Numerous, and I do mean NUMEROUS independents registered as democrats in order to vote for Bernie - to make this vote count. Bernie was an independent and only registered as a democrat in order to run. It was a strategy that came about because ineffective third party candidates have so frequently been responsible for splitting the democratic ticket. So, Bernie ran. And he was clearly a serious threat to the DNC establishment so they felt compelled to ...

I won't go into what the DNC did. They can stick their party up their ass.
Everything DLJ said was spot on. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post