Anyone up for a challange?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Smile Anyone up for a challange?
I want to lose some weight and get a bit fitter at the same time.
Not for some fit and health standards but because I don't feel well in my body right now.
So I was wondering if there is someone or are some of you who feel the same?

I always feel too lazy if it's not a challange and especially when there is noone else who wants to do the same. Things like that are mostly fun doing it in a group.

I am not for a marathon of how much do you weigh now, and what did you eat and how this and that blaha.

Just maybe something like trying together and telling each other...
Like... say, you did 5 push ups and the next day you could do 10, you'd share that, or you didn't eat any sweets on one of the days, and you'd share that.
Or even some "project" together?

Anyone wanna?
*feels very weird and stupid now but is going to post this anyway*

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Leela's post
08-02-2012, 02:58 PM
RE: Anyone up for a challange?
You should find one or the other. Someone who is equally as motivated and at the same skill level as yourself, or someone who is at a higher skill level that is willing to drive you to train harder.

If you end up with someone at a higher skill level, or is more motivated, or less, it can definitely ruin it for you.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
08-02-2012, 03:02 PM
(08-02-2012 02:47 PM)Leela Wrote:  I want to lose some weight and get a bit fitter at the same time.
Not for some fit and health standards but because I don't feel well in my body right now.
So I was wondering if there is someone or are some of you who feel the same?

I always feel too lazy if it's not a challange and especially when there is noone else who wants to do the same. Things like that are mostly fun doing it in a group.

I am not for a marathon of how much do you weigh now, and what did you eat and how this and that blaha.

Just maybe something like trying together and telling each other...
Like... say, you did 5 push ups and the next day you could do 10, you'd share that, or you didn't eat any sweets on one of the days, and you'd share that.
Or even some "project" together?

Anyone wanna?
*feels very weird and stupid now but is going to post this anyway*

Count me in if you come up with a way to do it. I'm tired of my dr yelling at me that I'm MUST exercise and lose weight.
I'm actually starting right now with a walk on my lunch break. Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
08-02-2012, 03:08 PM
lucradis: i don't think the skill level is important. I am not going to run with someone who is fitter, or playing soccer with a professional. It's about personal goals and just being there for each other when one just doesn't feel like it.

Erxomai: yay! so we are two already Smile And I am walking a lot already, to work and home makes nearly an hour one way.

Btw today I ate no sweets! heh

[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
08-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Ok it was just some friendly advice from someone who used to do excessive vigorously. It just has a tendency to deflate someone's ego when their partner is doin better.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
08-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Count me in. I was terribly lazy over the summer, barely made it to the gym once a week, and didn't watch what I ate. I want to get properly fit by next summer so I can run away from hordes of monsters effectively.

Plus I also suffer from self-image issues.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
08-02-2012, 04:28 PM
I’ll be in the control group that eats all the sweets sitting on the couch to see whether all the sports you do is really effective. Tongue

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 6 users Like Observer's post
08-02-2012, 04:46 PM
lol Observer:
Me: "yay i did ten jumping jacks today and I ate really healthy!"
Observer: "You have to do jumping jacks for at least 10 minutes for it to be effective and one day of eating well .... come on"
Tongue Big Grin

08-02-2012, 06:03 PM
A friend of mine gave me a book a few months ago, titled "Younger Next Year." The book makes this point - if you don't succumb to some major deadly illness or disease, you will probably live for about 85 years. There are two ways to do it - the first is a slow downward glide path from age 50 to 85, where every 5-10 years you take on some new chronic condition and slowly fall apart with each passing year, spending a lot on health care and drugs, until finally dying at 85. The other way is to remain in good health, avoiding the chronic conditions until about the age of 84, whereupon everything in your body fails in the course of a year and you die.

The difference in the two ways is exercising 6 days per week - 4 days of cardio for 45 minutes at 65% of (220- your age) and 2 days of weight training.

For the last month I've been doing it, 6 or 7 days a week. I feel great. If I can do this virtually with you Leela I would be happy to do so. I've never been good about exercising in the past, but I'm finding that doing it daily, as part of my normal routine, is very helpful.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
08-02-2012, 09:39 PM
I did the walk that I said I would do today, and while it was pretty easy going, it's more than I did yesterday, and a lot of yesterdays before that.

Going to go again tomorrow!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post