Anyone up for a challange?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2012, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 10:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Anyone up for a challange?
(08-02-2012 02:47 PM)Leela Wrote:  Anyone wanna?

(08-02-2012 03:02 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Count me in if you come up with a way to do it. I'm tired of my dr yelling at me that I'm MUST exercise and lose weight.

Sure, this is done all the time on the muscle boards. We each define a personal goal and create a thread which blogs our progress. We don't share common goals, we share in common the striving to reach our personal goals. By creating a public thread blogging your goal you're almost obligated to go for it.

Girly's been thinking about this one but am still afraid to commit.

"500 at 50" - I'd like to be able to deadlift 500 lbs for my 50th birthday in August. I can lift 405 now at 220 lbs bodyweight so it don't feel out of reach. But I won't be doing much cardio. ... Feels like a neat party trick too, "Come're you young whippersnappers and watch your Grampa lift a quarter ton."

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-02-2012, 11:06 PM
(08-02-2012 10:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sure, this is done all the time on the muscle boards. We each define a personal goal and create a thread which blogs our progress. We don't share common goals, we share in common the striving to reach our personal goals. By creating a public thread blogging your goal you're almost obligated to go for it.

One of my longest lasting streaks of consistent exercise was last spring/summer when I did a C25K (Couch to 5K) program to go from a couch potato to being able to run a 5K in 10 weeks. The program I used was an iPhone app and it let me post on Facebook my results each time I ran. The first time I let it post on Facebook, I was uncomfortable that I was "showing off" or something. But I got some positive feedback from some people and so I kept posting. There were days when I absolutely did not want to run, but I craved the pats on the back I would get from Facebook friends when I completed my exercise. All that is a long story to say, I agree, Girly!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
08-02-2012, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 11:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-02-2012 11:06 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  But I got some positive feedback from some people and so I kept posting. There were days when I absolutely did not want to run, but I craved the pats on the back I would get from Facebook friends when I completed my exercise. All that is a long story to say, I agree, Girly!

The difference between us and them is that since we don't know you as well, we're not as likely to pat you on the back for being a pussy.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-02-2012, 02:39 AM
Jeff, that is exactly what I wanted to avoid. I saw and read about a few fitness movements and programms. They all sound great but I am honest, I am walking a lot every day and I come home from work completely sweaty from walking and of course tired from work. And I do not have the space at home to do proper sports so I am looking for things like situps and pushups just to get my muscles on track.

Erxomai, sounds great. I want to do something today after work, will see

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2012, 05:47 AM
(09-02-2012 02:39 AM)Leela Wrote:  Erxomai, sounds great. I want to do something today after work, will see

Um, Leela, my friend...What do you mean "will see?" That doesn't sound very positive for your first day of the challenge!

[Image: 128818029150657710.jpg]

Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
09-02-2012, 06:19 AM
I guess in that case I will try how many push ups and sit ups I can do. Will post the result

[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
09-02-2012, 06:46 AM
Leela, I actually suggest taking 1 pilates class. Once you've learnt all the moves you can then do them at home. They take up very little space, so you can do them in your bedroom, and they work all muscles in your body.
There's probably some videos online though, so even taking the class once is not entirely necessary.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
09-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Good job Erx. I binged on chips and salsa last night and am going to workout (weights) now. Leela report in.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
09-02-2012, 01:06 PM
7 situps and 4 pushups... :/ and a few maltheser balls (you know those things, i become a sinner when i see them)

09-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Does any of you want to come over here in august and walk the "dodentocht" (death man's hike) with me?

If so' I'm in...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.