Anyone up for a challange?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: Anyone up for a challange?
actually sounds fun, I love hiking but i don't think i have enough time for 100 km walk... I wish I had enough time though,
Observer! what ideas do you put into my mind?!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2012, 03:43 PM
It’s done every year.
I walked it in 2009. (short story here)

The training schedule was:
April 30Km in one day
may 40Km in one day
June 50km
July 60Km

If you can walk 60Km on your own, you can walk 100 as well

I never felt so free like during the training. I plotted a route using my GPS and the Belgian bicycle node network. I left my house early in the morning and started walking and enjoying the landscape. When the odometer read the appropriate mileage, I paged my coordinates to my wife and after half an hour or so the car pops in front of me. Great!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
09-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Day 2...didn't get a walk in at lunch time, so when I got home, instead of heading for the chair and tv remote, I headed for my walking shoes and rain jacket. Nothing like working up a good sweat in the rain...or at least I told myself the moisture was sweat!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
10-02-2012, 04:24 PM
k, i had cake and icecream today but I tried to make up for it by having less lunch and less dinner.
Walked more though because after the way home I still had to go to the supermarket. So let's round my full walking time for today up to 2 hours (split in 1 hour morning and 1 hour evening)

[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
10-02-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm checking in to share my small failure. Yesterday I came home and before doing anything else, I did my cardio. Today I came home and said, I'm going to take a quick nap and then exercise. I did neither. Sure the night is young, but I'm taking the night off. Tomorrow is a new day!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
11-02-2012, 12:57 AM
My favorite answer is actually Curves for women. I know it's not a cheap solution but they have a 30 minute workout program that does strength training and cardio at the same time. When I have money that is what I do. Right now I'm having trouble getting to Canada so I'm gaining weight. I really can't work out alone, and being in a group isn't that bad when it's all women.

You guys are lucky your doctors care. My doctor always comments about how my boobs are getting bigger.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
11-02-2012, 01:51 AM
(11-02-2012 12:57 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  You guys are lucky your doctors care. My doctor always comments about how my boobs are getting bigger.

My dr does that too. Blush

~Izel
11-02-2012, 08:27 AM
(11-02-2012 01:51 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(11-02-2012 12:57 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  You guys are lucky your doctors care. My doctor always comments about how my boobs are getting bigger.

HAHAHA

and I ordered myself to no sweets for some time because I gained 2 kilo last week after loosing 4 recently... that's a too big step back. So no sweets for me.

11-02-2012, 08:54 AM
(11-02-2012 08:27 AM)Leela Wrote:  
(11-02-2012 01:51 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

HAHAHA

and I ordered myself to no sweets for some time because I gained 2 kilo last week after loosing 4 recently... that's a too big step back. So no sweets for me.

Sweets are a real downfall for me. I know the cure for me is eating healthy meals and snacks throughout the day to keep my metabolism charged and I hardly even think about anything sweeter than fruit. But that kind of eating takes pre-planning and shopping, and more $ to eat better foods, so I take the lazy way out and eat crappy food.

Today's challenge is to get outside and take a brisk walk.
Incentive: stop for breakfast! Tongue

~Izel
13-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Ok, of the two kilos I gained last week, half a kilo (aka a pound) is down again. *proud*