Anyone up for a challange?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2012, 10:42 PM
RE: Anyone up for a challange?
(09-02-2012 01:21 PM)Observer Wrote:  Does any of you want to come over here in august and walk the "dodentocht" (death man's hike) with me?

If so' I'm in...

Can we take a break at 5K, have a little lunch and then leisurely walk back to the start?

If so, I'm in...

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2012, 03:03 PM
I am walking to work and home with a friend every day. Yesterday we measured how far it is to her house (she has an app for that on her iphone). that was round 2 km. that is about 2 thirds of the whole way I am walking cause I live a bit further away from work. So I found out that I am walking 3 km one way, therefore 6 km everyday.
Was very interesting to know, i'd not have thought that it is that far.

Also I thought about walking the stairs a bit more. I mean. We have a set of stairs in the apartment (sounds cooler than it is) and I was wondering if walking the stairs a lot regulary would help losing weight? What do you think? Walking them up and down for 15 minutes or something like that? dunno if that would help

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
18-02-2012, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 03:50 PM by Observer.)
(13-02-2012 10:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Can we take a break at 5K, have a little lunch and then leisurely walk back to the start?

If so, I'm in...

Deal...

(Careful what you promise Girly... There IS a hot meal provided at the 50Km line Big Grin )
(13-02-2012 04:44 PM)Leela Wrote:  Ok, of the two kilos I gained last week, half a kilo (aka a pound) is down again. *proud*

If you lost weight it's a matter of ORDER...
If you wouldn’t be so messy, you'll remember where you left it and wouldn’t lose it.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
19-02-2012, 02:28 PM
(13-02-2012 04:44 PM)Leela Wrote:  Ok, of the two kilos I gained last week, half a kilo (aka a pound) is down again. *proud*

I am careful not to weigh myself more than once a week and at the same time of day 'cause I can shit out two kilos in one sitting.

(18-02-2012 03:03 PM)Leela Wrote:  Also I thought about walking the stairs a bit more. I mean. We have a set of stairs in the apartment (sounds cooler than it is) and I was wondering if walking the stairs a lot regulary would help losing weight? What do you think? Walking them up and down for 15 minutes or something like that? dunno if that would help

Sure as hell would, but you don't need stairs. Just get a 12-18" step stool and do it in your living room. And hold a couple of heavy ass dumbbells (I use 75 lb ones) while you do it and you won't last or need 15 minutes. And it won't feel like cardio. ... God I hate cardio.

(18-02-2012 03:05 PM)Observer Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 10:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Can we take a break at 5K, have a little lunch and then leisurely walk back to the start?

If so, I'm in...

Deal...

(Careful what you promise Girly... There IS a hot meal provided at the 50Km line Big Grin )

Think it'll still be hot 10 days later when I finally make it there?

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Wish I could join in, I working 2 full time jobs and have no time for the gym right now.witch sucks becuase Ilove working out.I still jog a little and do some push ups and pullups ,but its just not the same and I am starting to get out of shape again. But good luck and I will be looking in to see how you are doing.

Give a man a fish ,you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish ,you feed him for a life time,give a man religion,he will die praying for a fish
28-02-2012, 04:58 PM
k gotta start low but i did 10 push-ups and 10 sit-ups today Smile

29-02-2012, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 11:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-02-2012 04:58 PM)Leela Wrote:  k gotta start low but i did 10 push-ups and 10 sit-ups today Smile

Really Leela? You gonna try and shame us into exercise? Wink

Dumbbell rows, 5x6 - 100 lbs
Dumbbell curls, 5x4 - 50 lbs ... that's enough.

Okay, so I guess maybe this could work. Big Grin

(22-02-2012 09:09 AM)jknightx Wrote:  Wish I could join in, I working 2 full time jobs and have no time for the gym right now.

From the looks of your avatar, your work is probably plenty adequate to keep you in shape. Smile

01-03-2012, 06:48 AM
lol girly what shame Big Grin
what is dumbbwell rows and curls?

01-03-2012, 12:05 PM
(01-03-2012 06:48 AM)Leela Wrote:  lol girly what shame Big Grin
what is dumbbwell rows and curls?

02-03-2012, 09:20 AM
that's easy, reminds me of my brother Big Grin

He was 17 I was 19, he came home with new weights and was like, "I can do 500 lifts with this" (was i think 5 kilo or so) "and you can't even do 100" to my mother. My mom always up for a challange, takes it, does 100, smiles and gives it back. He can't shut up and tells me the same. I am like, "ok if I do 100 you do your 500!" he "yea yeah sure" not believing I could.
I do the 100, smile, hand over "now you"
He starts lifting, I start counting. at about 350 I keep counting silently, telling him only after every 50 and let him make 50 more. So I tell him "you are done now, at 550"
He sweaty, red head, arm shaking "I don't believe you!" keeps going.
I am like "no really, you are done! I let you make more actually"
Well let's say, he couldn't even lift a glass of water or a pen with that hand anymore for a day. But he also never behaved like a dick again Big Grin Big Grin
*me evil sister*