Anyone watching Zoo?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2015, 08:35 PM
Anyone watching Zoo?
I really been loving this new CBS drama, its not slow moving, lots of things going on to keep you on the edge of your seat. Plus it has just enough evolution and science discussions to make religious people cringe. But if you haven't heard about it and enjoy watching TV shows, I suggest you check it out. So basically its about a chemical that the animals contracted and spreads among them that is causing them to evolve very fast. Its quite interesting, the series is based on a book written by James Patterson and he is one of the producers of the show as well.

Like I've said, I really been enjoying the series so far, when your watching, its almost as if you are watching a movie.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nerwin's post
01-09-2015, 08:57 PM
RE: Anyone watching Zoo?
Thanks. I will check it out.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-09-2015, 09:51 PM
I tried watching it for a couple of episodes: I loved the premise, however ...
I really wish I could agree with the OP, but IMO, the writing sucks ... hard ... and that just completely spoils it for me.
(For the same reason I can't watch NCIS, or Bones: the writing is just horrible)
Guess I've been spoilt by really great writing on series like Motive and Elementary, so much so that I just can't watch crap anymore ...
But maybe that's just me ...

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
01-09-2015, 10:18 PM
(01-09-2015 09:51 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  I tried watching it for a couple of episodes: I loved the premise, however ...
I really wish I could agree with the OP, but IMO, the writing sucks ... hard ... and that just completely spoils it for me.
(For the same reason I can't watch NCIS, or Bones: the writing is just horrible)
Guess I've been spoilt by really great writing on series like Motive and Elementary, so much so that I just can't watch crap anymore ...

I haven't seen the show, but when I see something with a good premise that's been "dumbed down" I tend to blame the producers more than the writers.
I think the idea of losing money on a show because it's too "sciency" is what kills them most of the time.
02-09-2015, 07:05 AM
(01-09-2015 10:18 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 09:51 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  I tried watching it for a couple of episodes: I loved the premise, however ...

I haven't seen the show, but when I see something with a good premise that's been "dumbed down" I tend to blame the producers more than the writers.
I think the idea of losing money on a show because it's too "sciency" is what kills them most of the time.

Well, the science may very well have been dumbed down in this case, but really, the dialogue (and character development) is just ... awful.

There's something else that bugs me about the show: they seem to be setting up an "us against them" scenario, with "us" being "good humans" and "them" being animal life and "bad humans". This strikes me as quite Dominionist and speciesist, and I don't like that at ALL. Angry

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom