Anything Goes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2013, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2013 01:43 AM by kim.)
RE: Anything Goes?
Ha - it has nothing to do with what any percentage of Americans think - one is presumed innocent until guilt (if any) is proven by due process of law. It's the right of every citizen or at least, it better be - and when pressed, everyone knows it.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, ... etc., nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; etc.,.

It's the one thing that protects us - often, it protects us from ourselves.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
28-04-2013, 07:31 AM
There's people who want the security state, and people too apathetic to prevent it. The combination makes the majority. Undecided

I kinda apathetic here. In simplistic terms, ya blow shit up, ya throw bombs at cops, don't come whining to me when ya get shot.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-05-2013, 06:36 PM
well thought question, this very topic has burned my brain. it is hard for me as an american not to feel torn over the actions of the government. despite my personal philosophy that there is always a way to avoid violence, i know there are people in this world who cannot be reasoned with. religious people believe they are in the right despite all rational against them. the promise of an eternity of paradise is hard to turn down if you think its real,but intentions are meaningless because the ends dont justify the means. one last cliche and im done. fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity. but you can sure try.

something cliche about stuffEvil_monster
17-05-2013, 07:58 PM
I didn't read this thread at all.

I just wanted to say,

You may now return to your regularly scheduled posting.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
18-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Anything Goes?
I find it amazing that in the west people cream their panties when their government goes after and kills "the baddies" without a trial......yet at the same time invade other countries saying they are doing it for "freedom". SMELLS LIKE BULLSHIT.
18-05-2013, 08:05 PM
(18-05-2013 04:41 PM)I and I Wrote:  I find it amazing that in the west people cream their panties when their government goes after and kills "the baddies" without a trial......yet at the same time invade other countries saying they are doing it for "freedom". SMELLS LIKE BULLSHIT.

Usually, the people who actually believe that we invade other countries for "freedom" are NOT the ones concerned with the fairness of trials for suspected terrorists.

[Image: giphy.gif]
18-05-2013, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2013 09:13 PM by TheGulegon.)
Well no. Not just ANYthing can go! But I'd like you to apprehend Vito Genovese without going "cowboy posse" to do it. Good luck!

[Image: photo_3.jpg]

THOSE are dead eyes! THAT was a stone cold killer. And he wasn't even a fundamentalist matyr!
In a case with a guy like that, I'd rather be safe than sorry!

18-05-2013, 11:25 PM
(18-05-2013 04:41 PM)I and I Wrote:  I find it amazing that in the west people cream their panties when their government goes after and kills "the baddies" without a trial......yet at the same time invade other countries saying they are doing it for "freedom". SMELLS LIKE BULLSHIT.

I don't wear any panties, unless I'm pole dancing. And I don't approve of the murders taking place on the other side of the planet.

Kindly take me out of the box, please.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post