Apatheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Apatheism
Apatheism because 'I don't care'. - who agrees that Apatheism should be accepted here too, because it's people who just don't give a rat ass about religion. But me personally, I believe in Confucianism as a philosophy but in religion I'm agnostic .
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2013, 08:05 PM
RE: Apatheism
What do you mean by accepted?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
28-05-2013, 08:09 PM
I like the term, it's catchy! A friend of my son's calls himself "agnostic apathetic," so you're not the only one who just doesn't care one way or the other. The only reasons I care have to do with others in our lives telling us we are wrong and inferior and going to hell for not believing in fables, suffering social or job consequences for our disbelief, and with religion getting too much political power. If religious people would leave me alone, I'd be content to be apathetic, but alas, I'm so deep in the Bible Belt, this isn't happening. But I hope for the day religion quits harming people and stifling critical thought (radical Islam is one example these days). I know many wonderful religious people who do great things, but many nonbelievers do too.

Anyhow welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes cjs's post
28-05-2013, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2013 08:44 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Lots of apatheists here.
Some of us call ourselves Igtheists, (since no one can define what a "god" even is).
I care about the gods as much as I care about the 1957 Chevy orbiting Pluto, which is "0".
Already accepted here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-05-2013, 08:21 PM
What's a god?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
28-05-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm not apathetic, I just don't care.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-05-2013, 08:49 PM
(28-05-2013 08:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I'm not apathetic, I just don't care.

I think it's like a 4th year student "prefect" in English boarding schools. I know I've seen one in the movies somewhere ? Maybe it was Dead Poets Society ?
Oops. The was the answer to Erxy.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
28-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Wikipedia Wrote:An apatheist is also someone who is not interested in accepting or denying any claims that gods exist or do not exist. In other words, an apatheist is someone who considers the question of the existence of gods as neither meaningful nor relevant to his or her life.

Going by that, I am definitely both atheist and apatheist. I don't believe in gods, and I don't find discussion of them to be of any relevance to my life. I don't care for exerting effort to disprove them, nor would I care about arguments made for them. I tend to only get involved when people misuse or repress science in the name of religion, or when gods are used to justify actions I find morally reprehensible. But even then I'm not engaging in debate about gods; rather, I am correcting misunderstandings of science, and errors in logic.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
28-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Shortly after I got here, Kim introduced me to the term ignostic apatheist. I like it a lot. But I consider myself more of an apathetic apatheist. Kinda like this dude.

[Image: sloth2.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-05-2013, 12:40 PM
What is difference between Ignosticism and Apatheism?