Apatheism now!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2017, 02:31 PM
RE: Apatheism now!
(05-03-2017 02:26 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  I'm also an apatheist, welcome to the club! Benefits include... I'm too lazy to look them up right now.

I'm an ignostic, and it sounds like you might be too. The position states that God is incoherent and/or unfalsifiable and as such is a nonsense/irrelevant proposition. Goes well with the whole apatheist thing Tongue

Sounds like the old joke...

Q: What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
A: I don't know and I don't care

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
05-03-2017, 03:11 PM
Why do today what you can put off doing until tomorrow? Cool

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
05-03-2017, 03:35 PM
(05-03-2017 03:11 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Why do today what you can put off doing until tomorrow? Cool

Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
05-03-2017, 03:45 PM
They now have a drug to help with Apatheism.

It's called "Fuckitol"...

For when you really just don't give a fuck.

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-03-2017, 04:44 PM
What kind of retarded shit is this?
You're agnostic, which is fucking stupid in its own right, but don't "feel comfortable" calling yourself that? What??
It doesn't matter what you feel, if you don't believe in a God you're an atheist. If you believe in a God you're a theist. And if you don't believe that God might exist you're an agnostic.
Your feelings regarding those labels are fucking irrelevant, if you wanna be some sort of retarded hipster or some shit because those labels are too mainstream or whatever the fuck than go listen to vinyl records and talk about how the sound quality is better than mp4s.

God is irrelevant.. pfft. His existence or non existence is obviously relevant enough for you to come to the conclusion you're some sort of gender fluid trigger warned retarded apatheist. So how can you say it doesn't matter? You're posting on an atheist forum right now. God has literally affected your life that you're posting on an atheist forum.

Besides from that, God is very much relevant to society as a whole. You can't deny the affects its had on human history. And you can't deny the role it plays in society even today all over the world. From Sunni v Shia in Iraq right now to that whole Buddhist thing in Burma to the caste system in India and the mass conversions of Dalits ("untouchables") to Buddhism to escape it, to Christian nutjobs in America. To say that the whole God thing is irrelevant is so fucking stupid.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
05-03-2017, 05:20 PM
(05-03-2017 02:26 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  I'm also an apatheist, welcome to the club! Benefits include... I'm too lazy to look them up right now.

I'm an ignostic, and it sounds like you might be too. The position states that God is incoherent and/or unfalsifiable and as such is a nonsense/irrelevant proposition. Goes well with the whole apatheist thing Tongue

Yeah it's not worth looking up the benefits, I'm to busy sitting in my recliner staring off into the void.

Still according to Wikipedia ignosticism is defined so: "Ignosticism is the idea that the question of the existence of God is meaningless, because the term "god" has no unambiguous definition. Ignosticism requires a coherent, non-controversial definition of god before arguing on its existence.". I suppose the distinction between ignosticism and apatheism is so slight as to be ambiguous, or at least nearly moot.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
05-03-2017, 05:43 PM
(05-03-2017 04:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What kind of retarded shit is this?
You're agnostic, which is fucking stupid in its own right, but don't "feel comfortable" calling yourself that? What??
It doesn't matter what you feel, if you don't believe in a God you're an atheist. If you believe in a God you're a theist. And if you don't believe that God might exist you're an agnostic.
Your feelings regarding those labels are fucking irrelevant, if you wanna be some sort of retarded hipster or some shit because those labels are too mainstream or whatever the fuck than go listen to vinyl records and talk about how the sound quality is better than mp4s.

God is irrelevant.. pfft. His existence or non existence is obviously relevant enough for you to come to the conclusion you're some sort of gender fluid trigger warned retarded apatheist. So how can you say it doesn't matter? You're posting on an atheist forum right now. God has literally affected your life that you're posting on an atheist forum.

Besides from that, God is very much relevant to society as a whole. You can't deny the affects its had on human history. And you can't deny the role it plays in society even today all over the world. From Sunni v Shia in Iraq right now to that whole Buddhist thing in Burma to the caste system in India and the mass conversions of Dalits ("untouchables") to Buddhism to escape it, to Christian nutjobs in America. To say that the whole God thing is irrelevant is so fucking stupid.

Brovo earmuffs[Image: bijtAhU.gif?zoom=2], I fell on the floor laughing so hard I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get up. I've grown to rather enjoy your brand of sarcasm.

Sure I live in a society/culture inculcated with mostly christian religion. But, I've come to the conclusion that whether or not a god/deity exists is moot and, in fact, I neither believe nor disbelieve in the existence of any kind of god/deity nor am I concerned about proving or disproving such a thing/being/whatever.

As to what I'm doing in an atheist forum, I have as much right to be here as any theist does. Oh, and by the way "the whole God thing is irrelevant" is not "so fucking stupid" as you suggest.

.......Sheesh guy.

Robert himself
05-03-2017, 06:29 PM
"Sheesh, guy."

As it has been made clear, you are free to use whatever words you want to. But I'm afraid the only correct way to put that phrase given its intended audience is, "Fuckin' earmuffs". At least in this forum.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by your local forum expectation advisor.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post
05-03-2017, 06:30 PM
(05-03-2017 05:43 PM)Ro3bert Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 04:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What kind of retarded shit is this?

Brovo earmuffs[Image: bijtAhU.gif?zoom=2], I fell on the floor laughing so hard I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get up. I've grown to rather enjoy your brand of sarcasm.

Sure I live in a society/culture inculcated with mostly christian religion. But, I've come to the conclusion that whether or not a god/deity exists is moot and, in fact, I neither believe nor disbelieve in the existence of any kind of god/deity nor am I concerned about proving or disproving such a thing/being/whatever.

As to what I'm doing in an atheist forum, I have as much right to be here as any theist does. Oh, and by the way "the whole God thing is irrelevant" is not "so fucking stupid" as you suggest.

.......Sheesh guy.

Nevermind Earmuffs, he's from Kiwi land. He's irreverent but also quite flightless. Earmuffs first name is Fucking. We've all come to know him as Fucking Earmuffs. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-03-2017, 07:00 PM
I seldom take "Fucking Earmuffs" seriously. In fact I rather enjoy his ranting although on rear occasions he says something worth reading. I wonder if those times are akin to others who speak well but occasionally have a brain fart.

Robert himself