Apatheism now!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2017, 07:04 PM
RE: Apatheism now!
(05-03-2017 01:43 PM)Ro3bert Wrote:  When I first signed on to an atheist forum I posted that I wasn't an atheist with some explanation of why which I no longer remember the reason. I was bombarded with posts explaining that if I believed no god exists or denied gods existence I was defacto an atheist.

Is that you, Mickey? I was wondering where you went.

"Old men make old words holy. - A fool may scrawl on a slate and if no one has the wit to wipe it clean for a thousand years the scrawl becomes the wisdom of ages."

Honorous J. Ancrath
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
05-03-2017, 07:45 PM
(05-03-2017 07:00 PM)Ro3bert Wrote:  although on rear occasions he says something worth reading.
Laughat

To be fair, earmuffs is a well reputed and loved member of the forum for good reason. You would do well to heed his words with skepticism as well as reverence.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
05-03-2017, 07:58 PM
I don't see how apatheism is connected to trigger warnings, but okay.

06-03-2017, 07:42 AM
(05-03-2017 05:43 PM)Ro3bert Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 04:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What kind of retarded shit is this?
You're agnostic, which is fucking stupid in its own right, but don't "feel comfortable" calling yourself that? What??
It doesn't matter what you feel, if you don't believe in a God you're an atheist. If you believe in a God you're a theist. And if you don't believe that God might exist you're an agnostic.
Your feelings regarding those labels are fucking irrelevant, if you wanna be some sort of retarded hipster or some shit because those labels are too mainstream or whatever the fuck than go listen to vinyl records and talk about how the sound quality is better than mp4s.

God is irrelevant.. pfft. His existence or non existence is obviously relevant enough for you to come to the conclusion you're some sort of gender fluid trigger warned retarded apatheist. So how can you say it doesn't matter? You're posting on an atheist forum right now. God has literally affected your life that you're posting on an atheist forum.

Besides from that, God is very much relevant to society as a whole. You can't deny the affects its had on human history. And you can't deny the role it plays in society even today all over the world. From Sunni v Shia in Iraq right now to that whole Buddhist thing in Burma to the caste system in India and the mass conversions of Dalits ("untouchables") to Buddhism to escape it, to Christian nutjobs in America. To say that the whole God thing is irrelevant is so fucking stupid.

Brovo earmuffs[Image: bijtAhU.gif?zoom=2], I fell on the floor laughing so hard I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get up. I've grown to rather enjoy your brand of sarcasm.

It aint sarcasm you dense motherfucker.

Quote:But, I've come to the conclusion that whether or not a god/deity exists is moot

How? How the fuck is it moot? It's the existence of everything. It's a fundamental question that we as a human race ask and don't know the answer too. If a God exists and created everything that answers that fundamental question of where everything comes from. It also fires up a shit ton of new questions.
If no God exists (the correct 'belief' because one does not) than people need to know that so they can stop oppressing and killing each other.

It's not moot and to say it is 'moot' is fucking retarded and insulting to the victims of the fucking plague that is religion because it sure as shit aint 'moot' to them.

Do you take this opinion on everything? Evolution doesn't affect you. You personally will never evolve because once you're born that's it. Evolution works by changing generation after generation. So evolution will never affect you. Do you suddenly call yourself a apaultionist because you "feel" evolution doesn't affect you and thus is 'moot' so you don't need to 'believe' in it. Fuck you are so dumb.

Quote:I neither believe nor disbelieve in the existence of any kind of god/deity

That makes literally zero fucking sense. That's word salad nonsense that makes you look like a fucking dumb cunt.

Quote:As to what I'm doing in an atheist forum, I have as much right to be here as any theist does.

Not if you preach fucking dumb shit like this.

Quote:Oh, and by the way "the whole God thing is irrelevant" is not "so fucking stupid" as you suggest.

Yes it fucking is. It's exactly "so fucking stupid" as I suggest.

Quote:I seldom take "Fucking Earmuffs" seriously. In fact I rather enjoy his ranting although on rear occasions he says something worth reading.

Boy, you couldn't even comprehend the basic bitch level shit that comes out my mouth how the fuck do you expect to engage me in an actual conversation with a modicum of depth?

[Image: oscar.png]
06-03-2017, 07:46 AM
(05-03-2017 07:58 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I don't see how apatheism is connected to trigger warnings, but okay.

It's all liberal hippy bullshit.

06-03-2017, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2017 08:10 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
(06-03-2017 07:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-03-2017 07:58 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I don't see how apatheism is connected to trigger warnings, but okay.

It's all liberal hippy bullshit.

Laugh out load

No. It's just based on a lack of interest in the God question. How is that necessarily "liberal hippy bullshit"? Someone could merely be disinterested in the question. Calm down.

06-03-2017, 08:26 AM
(06-03-2017 07:58 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 07:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's all liberal hippy bullshit.

Laugh out load

No. It's just based on a lack of interest in the God question. How is that necessarily "liberal hippy bullshit"? Someone could merely be disinterested in the question. Calm down.

No no no. There's a difference between not interested and what this idiot is saying.
See, I'm not interested in God. I never post in the religion section, I don't engage in religious debates, I don't listen to religious podcasts etc.. I prefer politics and world news. But I'm not an idiot so I call myself an atheist because that's what I am.

This guys just a fucking idiot.

06-03-2017, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2017 04:30 PM by Ro3bert.)
Wow Earmuffs, the vitriol of it all. Why in hell does my post incite such ire in you? If I couldn't care less whether some sort of deity exists and am not looking for proof one way or the other why should you care. Something about my stand seems to have hit a nerve sufficient for you to blast me. I could say go fuck off but it probably wouldn't phase you in the least.

Could it be that you need to see someone about anger management? Or maybe you have a Don Quixote complex?

Whatever, your ranting and raving aren't going to intimidate me in the least. If everyone who read my post(s) reacted as you do I might go away (which I think, maybe, is your intent).

Bring it on bro.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
06-03-2017, 01:05 PM
(05-03-2017 04:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What kind of retarded shit is this?
You're agnostic, which is fucking stupid in its own right, but don't "feel comfortable" calling yourself that? What??
It doesn't matter what you feel, if you don't believe in a God you're an atheist. If you believe in a God you're a theist. And if you don't believe that God might exist you're an agnostic.
Your feelings regarding those labels are fucking irrelevant, if you wanna be some sort of retarded hipster or some shit because those labels are too mainstream or whatever the fuck than go listen to vinyl records and talk about how the sound quality is better than mp4s.

God is irrelevant.. pfft. His existence or non existence is obviously relevant enough for you to come to the conclusion you're some sort of gender fluid trigger warned retarded apatheist. So how can you say it doesn't matter? You're posting on an atheist forum right now. God has literally affected your life that you're posting on an atheist forum.

Besides from that, God is very much relevant to society as a whole. You can't deny the affects its had on human history. And you can't deny the role it plays in society even today all over the world. From Sunni v Shia in Iraq right now to that whole Buddhist thing in Burma to the caste system in India and the mass conversions of Dalits ("untouchables") to Buddhism to escape it, to Christian nutjobs in America. To say that the whole God thing is irrelevant is so fucking stupid.

Ohmy Jesus, you are one crotchety old man, aren't you?
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
06-03-2017, 02:09 PM
Somebody touched a sore spot, and he consists of mostly sore spots.