Ape strength

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2015, 09:55 AM
RE: Ape strength
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...s-science/

Quote:Humans Evolved Weak Muscles to Feed Brain's Growth, Study Suggests

We humans may be weaklings by nature.

Humans appear to have evolved puny muscles even faster than they grew big brains, according to a new metabolic study that pitted people against chimps and monkeys in contests of strength.

The upshot, says biologist Roland Roberts, is that "weak muscles may be the price we pay for the metabolic demands of our amazing cognitive powers."

Here is the actual study.

http://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/art...io.1001871
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2015, 11:10 AM
An ape can pull 1200 lbs.

I can pull 10 with my trigger finger, and the trigger is set for 5 lbs pull.

Guess who wins????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
27-03-2015, 01:38 PM
(27-03-2015 11:10 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  An ape can pull 1200 lbs.

I can pull 10 with my trigger finger, and the trigger is set for 5 lbs pull.

Guess who wins????

What's the game?

Also... You ARE an ape..
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
27-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Yeah, and the "hurr durr I can kill an ape with mah guns" reaction is just juvenile. Who gives a fuck? Does anyone really think that a species with nukes is at all in contention with the other species limited to flinging rocks as their highest tech attack? No one cares that your fat ass can manage to lift up a rifle that someone else invented and manufactured for you and pull a trigger...

Better without God, and happier too.
27-03-2015, 02:43 PM
(27-03-2015 01:40 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Yeah, and the "hurr durr I can kill an ape with mah guns" reaction is just juvenile. Who gives a fuck? Does anyone really think that a species with nukes is at all in contention with the other species limited to flinging rocks as their highest tech attack? No one cares that your fat ass can manage to lift up a rifle that someone else invented and manufactured for you and pull a trigger...

I build my own guns.

Go hug a tree.

You'll feel better...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
27-03-2015, 02:46 PM
(27-03-2015 02:43 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 01:40 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Yeah, and the "hurr durr I can kill an ape with mah guns" reaction is just juvenile. Who gives a fuck? Does anyone really think that a species with nukes is at all in contention with the other species limited to flinging rocks as their highest tech attack? No one cares that your fat ass can manage to lift up a rifle that someone else invented and manufactured for you and pull a trigger...

I build my own guns.

Go hug a tree.

You'll feel better...
You missed the point, and I call bullshit on building guns capable of killing gorillas. Even if you did, you didn't invent them and I seriously doubt it's anything beyond assembly, unless you're referring to flintlocks, longrifles, etc -guns that are easily hand-made and which I've also handmade.

27-03-2015, 02:51 PM

Not to mention that the apes presented in the OP (and necro) are chimps.
Now, I'm not GhostExcorcist so this may be wrong, but last I checked, they tend to move in gangs, in addition to being pretty damn agile and monstrously strong.

Assuming they didn't fuck off when you fired the first shot, hope you like impromptu genital and face removal services.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-03-2015, 02:51 PM
(27-03-2015 02:46 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 02:43 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I build my own guns.

Go hug a tree.

You'll feel better...
You missed the point, and I call bullshit on building guns capable of killing gorillas. Even if you did, you didn't invent them and I seriously doubt it's anything beyond assembly, unless you're referring to flintlocks, longrifles, etc -guns that are easily hand-made and which I've also handmade.

The last one I built is a custom use 12 gauge rifle - which spits out a saboted 300 grain 50 caliber bullet at 2100 fps. -- for over 3000 ft/lbs of energy. I've cored deer at 250 yards with it.

It'd be plenty to take down a gorilla..... Not that I know anybody who'd want to........

27-03-2015, 03:12 PM
Very interesting, a certain primate part of my brain envies their physical strength.
The suckers are ripped!

[Image: 4378600614_04dffdf5e9.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
27-03-2015, 03:20 PM
(27-03-2015 02:51 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 02:46 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  You missed the point, and I call bullshit on building guns capable of killing gorillas. Even if you did, you didn't invent them and I seriously doubt it's anything beyond assembly, unless you're referring to flintlocks, longrifles, etc -guns that are easily hand-made and which I've also handmade.

The last one I built is a custom use 12 gauge rifle - which spits out a saboted 300 grain 50 caliber bullet at 2100 fps. -- for over 3000 ft/lbs of energy. I've cored deer at 250 yards with it.

It'd be plenty to take down a gorilla..... Not that I know anybody who'd want to........
So you assembled it or did you actually invest in the machinery necessary to actually fabricate all those parts? Buying parts and putting them together isn't manufacturing, it's assembly and anyone with the ability to read can do that.