Apocalypse Never: Earliest Mayan Calendar Found, World Not Ending

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2012, 02:18 PM
RE: Apocalypse Never: Earliest Mayan Calendar Found, World Not Ending
I have a feeling people are going to claim "conspiracy!", saying that the emerging New World Order has faked this discovery to keep the truth from us, and soothe us, as to not panic in face of the end times. I seriously doubt this will change the mind of any 2012-apocalypse believers.

Attempting to use up the intervening time in an intelligent and ironic way
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2012, 01:06 PM
(13-05-2012 02:18 PM)Pelvin Wrote:  I have a feeling people are going to claim "conspiracy!", saying that the emerging New World Order has faked this discovery to keep the truth from us, and soothe us, as to not panic in face of the end times. I seriously doubt this will change the mind of any 2012-apocalypse believers.
Well, conspiracy theorists tend to be very naive. There is a surprisingly large number of them who believe that, for example, the U.S. research program HAARP is being used to cause earthquakes and tsunamis all around the world (Japan, Haiti, etc.). Laughat

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
15-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Actually, I'd be ok with a ''RAPTURE". Lots more room on the planet, less stupid people... the world might be kind of peaceful for a change. Angel

I have no problem with our star puffing up - I've always known that was going to happen. If our star hasn't swallowed us, it will be too hot and we won't be able to live on earth. No biggie -pretty sure I'll be dead by then.

I just kind of wish I would be around when the Andromeda galaxy is predicted to collide with our galaxy; that's something I'd love to see!! It might happen about ~4~ billion years from now.
If humans were to see it all happen from a distance - wow, what a sight!! Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
19-05-2012, 05:01 AM
(13-05-2012 12:31 PM)bemore Wrote:  HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!

Now that we know the earth isnt going to end I wonder at what new ideas will be forged upon the date of 21st December 2012 @ precisely 11:11 am?????

Hold onto you hats kiddies....... looks like the "official" sources are gonna claim aliens are coming ha ha.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/1...4920110817

Faith........ be carefulll where you place it Angel

i hope they are not going to kill us Unsure

[Image: Alien_Attack_by_blackbird_art.jpg]
23-05-2012, 09:33 AM
All my plans are ruined.

I was just shocked remembering the difference of how I thought 2 years ago.. Not bad like a brainwashed but it was an overly pleasant openness to all possible thoughts. I figured the Mayan Calender was hooey since it was already known it didn't mean the world would be ending; still, Plans were made for me to go up and maintain a save mountainous location at my Ex's home were we would be able to live on in the new transformed world if anything happened. I can still dream though.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
23-05-2012, 06:09 PM
(11-05-2012 01:18 PM)Quidsane Wrote:  Apocalypse Never: Earliest Mayan Calendar Found, World Not Ending[Image: ROTFLMAO.gif]

[Image: 2291801787.jpg]
Scientists have uncovered the oldest-known Mayan calendar ever discovered — and it further
shows that all this December 21, 2012, apocalypse talk is a bunch of hooey.

The world is not going to end on December 21. No, not even according to the Mayan calendar.
And especially not according to the awesome newly uncovered Mayan calendar — the oldest
known Mayan calendar in existence — which was recently discovered by Boston University
archeologist William Saturno.

Article here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47388946
How convenient.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
28-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Angel very interesting to say the least the unverse being so vast as a whole, it ne hard for me to believe we are the only inteligent life in this cosmos. if this is true i hope they arent antaganistic and will be coming back to visit and see what a grand and saphisticated people we have become right?oh thats right this planet still believes in santa, tooth fairys, easter bunny, and the big G himself.. WOW we maybe doomed after all eh!!
(13-05-2012 12:31 PM)bemore Wrote:  HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!

Now that we know the earth isnt going to end I wonder at what new ideas will be forged upon the date of 21st December 2012 @ precisely 11:11 am?????

Hold onto you hats kiddies....... looks like the "official" sources are gonna claim aliens are coming ha ha.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/1...4920110817

Faith........ be carefulll where you place it Angel