Apologetics is bad for Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-02-2014, 03:10 PM
RE: Apologetics is bad for Christianity
(27-02-2014 03:09 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 03:06 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Yeah no idea why would anyone be a believer Big Grin

A very reasonable position for a non-believer.
Drinking Beverage

Is it reasonable for non believer to think that being a believer is unreasonable? Of course Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2014, 03:11 PM
(27-02-2014 03:10 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 03:09 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  A very reasonable position for a non-believer.
Drinking Beverage

Is it reasonable for non believer to think that being a believer is unreasonable? Of course Wink

Agreed. Cool

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
27-02-2014, 03:12 PM
(27-02-2014 03:11 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 03:10 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Is it reasonable for non believer to think that being a believer is unreasonable? Of course Wink

Agreed. Cool

But I wonder why would a christian want to toss away half the bible and keep the other half.
27-02-2014, 03:15 PM
(27-02-2014 03:12 PM)donotwant Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 03:11 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  Agreed. Cool

But I wonder why would a christian want to toss away half the bible and keep the other half.

Beats me.

Ask one.

27-02-2014, 03:16 PM
(27-02-2014 03:15 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 03:12 PM)donotwant Wrote:  But I wonder why would a christian want to toss away half the bible and keep the other half.

Beats me.

Ask one.

Answer in my lake of fire topic if you dare Wink
27-02-2014, 03:31 PM
(27-02-2014 03:16 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Answer in my lake of fire topic...

I'm neither christian, nor apologist.
Early in my membership here, I stated that I don't discuss scripture with nonbelievers.

So...

Ask Drich.

donotwant Wrote:...if you dare Wink

That's quite the jedi mind trick ya got goin' there.
Drinking Beverage

27-02-2014, 09:48 PM
(27-02-2014 10:59 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Scientists will perform any experiment they can get a grant for.

It's statements like this that clearly illustrate that this asshole has no intention whatsoever of debating honestly.

AND if abiogenesis, evolution, Big Bang Theory were all shown to be fatally flawed today, it would have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the fact that RuntPuppy's fucking fairy tale is just a fucking fairy tale.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
27-02-2014, 09:53 PM
(27-02-2014 12:14 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  This is why apologetics is bad for Christianity: Any outside observer is aware Alpha has narrowed the topic of discussion to an area of science so new that it lacks exhaustive data, and demanded conclusive evidence.

It's a red herring that has nothing to do with apologetics, because he's not competent at debating any other topic, because he's unable to form arguments and support them with evidence.

This is classic apologetic behavior: Distract from your own inability to support your claims by demanding evidence for something irrelevant and off-topic, then claim to have "won" without actually addressing the topic at all.

That's what keeps me shaking my head about this thread. WTAF does abiogenesis have anything to do with apologetics being bad for Xtardianity? Why is this derail still going on?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
27-02-2014, 10:56 PM
(27-02-2014 01:43 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 12:01 PM)toadaly Wrote:  So all the experiments Miller did with varying conditions, all used the wrong atmosphere...and not only that, but so far off that the conclusions are invalid?
I don't know, as they haven't been presented for consideration.

Most of these experimental results are available free online if you actually care.

...but ok, you are now stating you are simply ignorant of them. Fine, but then why do you insist they are not relevant, since you don't even know what they are?

Quote:Amino acids are all around us. So what? We've never seen them come to life.

True, but gezus, must it really be so difficult to even get agreement on matters of basic chemistry?

Quote:That's ridiculous. Observation of life occurring naturally would convince me that life can occur naturally.

Well, there's hope then, because you yourself are naturally ocuuring life. Your parents conceived you naturally, without any magic (not a judgment on your parents' experience that night Blush ).

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post
27-02-2014, 10:59 PM
(27-02-2014 03:15 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 03:12 PM)donotwant Wrote:  But I wonder why would a christian want to toss away half the bible and keep the other half.

Beats me.

Ask one.

...well as an ex-x myself, I tossed half the Bible away because it was obviously just ancient Jewish stupidity. I've now tossed the other half out too, because it's obviously just ancient Jewish stupidity.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 2 users Like toadaly's post