Apologetics is bad for Christianity
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Apologetics is bad for Christianity
(27-02-2014 09:53 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 12:14 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  This is why apologetics is bad for Christianity: Any outside observer is aware Alpha has narrowed the topic of discussion to an area of science so new that it lacks exhaustive data, and demanded conclusive evidence.

It's a red herring that has nothing to do with apologetics, because he's not competent at debating any other topic, because he's unable to form arguments and support them with evidence.

This is classic apologetic behavior: Distract from your own inability to support your claims by demanding evidence for something irrelevant and off-topic, then claim to have "won" without actually addressing the topic at all.

That's what keeps me shaking my head about this thread. WTAF does abiogenesis have anything to do with apologetics being bad for Xtardianity? Why is this derail still going on?

Because people are allowing themselves to be baited by an obvious troll who is unwilling to consider any alternative evidence to their position. Instead of engaging in a dialogue, he's done nothing but sideline the discussion, and regurgitate talking points as if no objections were ever raised.

And he's taken over two threads to prosthelytize in.

If he wants to "discuss" Abiogenesis so badly, he should start a thread and discuss it there.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply