Apologetics is bad for Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-02-2014, 09:23 AM
RE: Apologetics is bad for Christianity
(23-02-2014 12:16 AM)Drich Wrote:  I think apologetics is bad for atheism,

Yes, and it shows by the way you come into atheist forums and just clean house: converting everyone there to your batshit-crazy version of xtardianity, causing them to shut down or turn into Drweckian Xtard forums.

Oh, wait...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2014, 10:11 AM
(23-02-2014 12:16 AM)Drich Wrote:  If it was truly bad for those you oppose, why not let you opponent run with it, make a fool of himself and destroy what he is trying to protect? Rather we are lead to believe the atheist instinct is to let theist know that what they are doing will be their undoing?

Because a religion that promotes itself solely by being beneficial to potential believers can also be beneficial to society, for example by giving moral support and strength to those that cannot find it any other way.

A religion that uses fear to gain and retain members is not beneficial to its members or to society. Its members will be defensive and bigoted. The religion becomes a parasite on society.

A beneficial religion that does not try to contradict science can co-exist with science, technology and the modern world. For example, it is not uncommon to hear of Buddhist scientists.

I have a lot of respect for Buddhists and Quakers for example and from what I have seen these religions fulfil a positive role in society. If all the theists in the world took the advice in that video then the world would be a much better place.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
25-02-2014, 11:02 AM

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
25-02-2014, 11:03 AM
(23-02-2014 02:43 AM)donotwant Wrote:  I agree with toadaly. Let em say bunch of stupid shit and make themselves look bad. Drich fails anyway none the less.

Actualy you don't per all the crap you post about arguement you won over Christians... Either that or your just a good ole fashion hypocrite.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
25-02-2014, 11:05 AM
(23-02-2014 07:16 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I'll have to hand it to Drich, hes run away more people from ever considering christianity with his ramblings, then any of us could ever hope to convert.

I think that he might just be on our side...... Consider

Maybe that is because 'he' is not interested in converting anyone. but to knock the fence sitters off in one direction or another. Hot or cold. The luke warm have a fate worse than if they choose to be cold.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

25-02-2014, 11:06 AM
(25-02-2014 11:03 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 02:43 AM)donotwant Wrote:  I agree with toadaly. Let em say bunch of stupid shit and make themselves look bad. Drich fails anyway none the less.

Actualy you don't per all the crap you post about arguement you won over Christians... Either that or your just a good ole fashion hypocrite.

Sorry dude you're just wrooooong Cool
25-02-2014, 11:11 AM
(25-02-2014 11:05 AM)Drich Wrote:  Maybe that is because 'he' is not interested in converting anyone. but to knock the fence sitters off in one direction or another.
In that case, stick around. The fence sitters are all falling on the atheist side of the fence. Thanks. Thumbsup

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
25-02-2014, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2014 11:42 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(25-02-2014 11:05 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 07:16 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I'll have to hand it to Drich, hes run away more people from ever considering christianity with his ramblings, then any of us could ever hope to convert.

I think that he might just be on our side...... Consider

Maybe that is because 'he' is not interested in converting anyone.

And you are a fucking liar. You are ONLY here in a desperate attempt to convert people. Which you have failed miserably at, just like everywhere else you have been.

(25-02-2014 11:05 AM)Drich Wrote:  The luke warm have a fate worse than if they choose to be cold.

--- As Kestrel just reminded YOU, MR. LukeWarm.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
25-02-2014, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2014 12:32 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(25-02-2014 11:02 AM)Drich Wrote:  I didn't dump anything. I pointed out that from the Christian perspective God is all Good (hence the narrow view doctrine.)

You tried -- and failed -- to move the goalposts with a special pleading fallacy.

Quote: I aslo pointed out from the world's perspective He is not.

*also

From the perspective of ANY reasonable person, no, your fairy tale monster is not "good" by any stretch of the imagination -- INCLUDING by its own standards.

Quote:then I tied both together with fact that God does not claim to be Omni benevolent.

You have a problem distinguishing your OPINIONS (meaning the desperate equivocal bullshit you make up) and reality. It has already been pointed out to you that other deluded idiots just like you claim that your fairy tale book is entirely the "words of" your fairy tale monster. Neither you nor they have any more or less evidence to support your claims, and they are equally batshit.

Quote: This fact takes Christianity outside the defined parameters of Epicurus' Paradox.

Again, it's not a fact, it is your bald assertion. And no, it doesn't take Dreckian Xtardianity "outside" of Epicurus; it merely shows your mythical fairy tale monster for the monster it is.

Quote:Do you specialize in starw men or are you speaking from a position of general ignorance?

*straw

We specialize in stuffing your army of straw men (as well as every other one of the legion of fallacies you produce at prodigious rates) up your ass and lighting them on fire.

25-02-2014, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2014 12:33 PM by rampant.a.i..)
Apologetics is bad for Christianity

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes