Apologies, apologies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 02:19 PM
RE: Apologies, apologies
(12-05-2016 02:10 PM)kim Wrote:  Once, I did something at work - I kind of lost my shit on a guy, actually - and though I thought the guy really did deserve to have someone verbally go ape-shit-crazy on him, I felt very uncomfortable about what I had said. (A somewhat vague, possible threat-like wish. Dodgy )

So, a day or so later, after all had calmed down, I went and formally apologized to him - with everyone around who had witnessed the original mayhem. I sincerely offered my handshake with no hard feelings. The guy refused my apology. What the actual fuck?!? I felt like shit! Blink

The guy had transferred a couple months after that incident but, I still felt like shit for quite some time, even though one of the "witnesses" told me the guy was just trying to make me feel bad and look bad. A couple of years later, I found out that this was this person's "behavior pattern"! He would badger people until they lost it, continually make them feel worse and make them appear to be "the problem" - he'd either get them fired or they would just feel so shitty, they'd quit. This fucker moved up in management pretty quickly. Hmm.

Well, that's my story. People fucking with people, who fuck with people, fucking with people.

I'm more of a calm person these days. Drinking Beverage

Oh Oh! I get to post a Death song with lyrics related to your situation!

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
12-05-2016, 02:28 PM
(12-05-2016 02:19 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 02:10 PM)kim Wrote:  Once, I did something at work - I kind of lost my shit on a guy, actually - and though I thought the guy really did deserve to have someone verbally go ape-shit-crazy on him, I felt very uncomfortable about what I had said. (A somewhat vague, possible threat-like wish. Dodgy )

So, a day or so later, after all had calmed down, I went and formally apologized to him - with everyone around who had witnessed the original mayhem. I sincerely offered my handshake with no hard feelings. The guy refused my apology. What the actual fuck?!? I felt like shit! Blink

The guy had transferred a couple months after that incident but, I still felt like shit for quite some time, even though one of the "witnesses" told me the guy was just trying to make me feel bad and look bad. A couple of years later, I found out that this was this person's "behavior pattern"! He would badger people until they lost it, continually make them feel worse and make them appear to be "the problem" - he'd either get them fired or they would just feel so shitty, they'd quit. This fucker moved up in management pretty quickly. Hmm.

Well, that's my story. People fucking with people, who fuck with people, fucking with people.

I'm more of a calm person these days. Drinking Beverage

Oh Oh! I get to post a Death song with lyrics related to your situation!

I was thinkin more Angry Again.

Sorry Tongue

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
12-05-2016, 02:32 PM
(12-05-2016 12:44 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 07:01 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I always feel like apologizing. I don't want to go about making apology threads all the time, though. Laugh out load

I probably haven't done anything wrong to anybody either. It's frustrating. I'll feel like apologizing, then I won't apologize because I haven't done anything wrong, and then I'll feel bad about not apologizing. Blink

Trust me, if I apologized as much I get the urge to do so, I would apologize every day to almost everyone.

Well, whatever. I just needed to get that off my chest.

Warning: This is a criticism for that kind of behavior.... not you personally.

Since this isn't in the support thread I'll be frank.... I see constant apologies from some as a sign of pass-aggressive attention whoring.

Very, very few almost close to none do it for attention. In most cases it's probably self esteem issues or mental issues, also people with past abuse or perfectionist parents who are pretty much afraid to do anything wrong so they apologize.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
12-05-2016, 02:46 PM
(12-05-2016 02:19 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Oh Oh! I get to post a Death song with lyrics related to your situation!
---

WOW - Thanks!! Smile
That actually does relate! ...

Spirit Crusher

It comes from the depths
Of a place unknown to the
Keeper of dreams
If it could then it would steal
The sun and the moon from the sky
Beware

Human at sight, monster at heart
Don't let it inside it could
Tear you right apart

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Spirit Crusher
Stay strong and hold on tight
Spirit Crusher

Speaking in killing words

The vicious kind that crush and kill
No mercy, its pleasure to taste
The blood that it bled.

When it's time to feed to fulfill
The need to consume a breath
Some will rise standing tall
Breathing out all the breath from
The voice of a soul.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
12-05-2016, 03:20 PM
(12-05-2016 02:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 12:44 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Warning: This is a criticism for that kind of behavior.... not you personally.

Since this isn't in the support thread I'll be frank.... I see constant apologies from some as a sign of pass-aggressive attention whoring.

Very, very few almost close to none do it for attention. In most cases it's probably self esteem issues or mental issues, also people with past abuse or perfectionist parents who are pretty much afraid to do anything wrong so they apologize.

Or it can be cultural thing, at the hotel I worked at years ago we were constantly having "cultural sensitivity" training for the different bus tours we were hosting each season. For the Japanese tours we were told to say sorry for almost anything because for them it didn't mean "we're sorry" it was just considered being polite.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
12-05-2016, 03:35 PM
(12-05-2016 03:20 PM)unsapien Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 02:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Very, very few almost close to none do it for attention. In most cases it's probably self esteem issues or mental issues, also people with past abuse or perfectionist parents who are pretty much afraid to do anything wrong so they apologize.

Or it can be cultural thing, at the hotel I worked at years ago we were constantly having "cultural sensitivity" training for the different bus tours we were hosting each season. For the Japanese tours we were told to say sorry for almost anything because for them it didn't mean "we're sorry" it was just considered being polite.

That too

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
12-05-2016, 03:52 PM
(12-05-2016 02:46 PM)kim Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 02:19 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Oh Oh! I get to post a Death song with lyrics related to your situation!
---

WOW - Thanks!! Smile
That actually does relate! ...

Spirit Crusher

It comes from the depths
Of a place unknown to the
Keeper of dreams
If it could then it would steal
The sun and the moon from the sky
Beware

Human at sight, monster at heart
Don't let it inside it could
Tear you right apart

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Spirit Crusher
Stay strong and hold on tight
Spirit Crusher

Speaking in killing words

The vicious kind that crush and kill
No mercy, its pleasure to taste
The blood that it bled.

When it's time to feed to fulfill
The need to consume a breath
Some will rise standing tall
Breathing out all the breath from
The voice of a soul.

Chuck wrote a lot of social commentary and about the human psyche before the cancer got him.

4:15 and the solo that follows is goosebumps.exe

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
12-05-2016, 03:56 PM
I might be similar. Maybe because of how I was raised. I strongly dislike offending or even inconveniencing anybody so I apologize for even simple things. I don't consider it a bad thing though.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
12-05-2016, 05:43 PM
(12-05-2016 09:56 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 09:38 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  Canadian by any chance?

No. I live in a state that borders Canada. Is that close enough?

It probably has an effect. That stereotype exists for a reason.

Over-apologizing can be a form of attention grabbing. It can also be the result of the poor self-esteeem that Christianity's "You're all inherently sinful" mentality promotes.

I wouldn't concern yourself with it too much around here. We''re not exactly shy about letting people know when they've said or done something that might justify a "sorry" or three. I've yet to see you do anything that would even begin to approach that.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
12-05-2016, 05:52 PM
You have little to say you are sorry for, as has been mentioned. I have observed people losing their shit over some really petty stuff, and no apologies were given. Just the nature of being anonymous behind a keyboard and monitor (e-tough, I call it).
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post