Apologies, apologies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 05:58 PM
RE: Apologies, apologies
(12-05-2016 02:10 PM)kim Wrote:  Once, I did something at work - I kind of lost my shit on a guy, actually - and though I thought the guy really did deserve to have someone verbally go ape-shit-crazy on him, I felt very uncomfortable about what I had said. (A somewhat vague, possible threat-like wish. Dodgy )

So, a day or so later, after all had calmed down, I went and formally apologized to him - with everyone around who had witnessed the original mayhem. I sincerely offered my handshake with no hard feelings. The guy refused my apology. What the actual fuck?!? I felt like shit! Blink

The guy had transferred a couple months after that incident but, I still felt like shit for quite some time, even though one of the "witnesses" told me the guy was just trying to make me feel bad and look bad. A couple of years later, I found out that this was this person's "behavior pattern"! He would badger people until they lost it, continually make them feel worse and make them appear to be "the problem" - he'd either get them fired or they would just feel so shitty, they'd quit. This fucker moved up in management pretty quickly. Hmm.

Well, that's my story. People fucking with people, who fuck with people, fucking with people.

I'm more of a calm person these days. Drinking Beverage

Two modes of promotion at my old company- break shit on the production floor (while being a complete suck-up to management), or abuse your fellow employees (yes, even physically). Both would get a person promoted. The company finally wised up after several mega-buck size lawsuits, and some of the assholes got walked out. Not all, though. The company that bought them out was way less tolerant, which I consider a good thing, despite all of their other despicable policies.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Should we be sorry for derailing this thread? Unsure

Laugh out load Tongue Hug

12-05-2016, 06:17 PM
(12-05-2016 06:03 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Should we be sorry for derailing this thread? Unsure

YES!!!

(I'm kidding)
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
12-05-2016, 06:37 PM
I don't accept your apology. I demand monetary restitution!
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
12-05-2016, 08:15 PM
No sweat.
12-05-2016, 08:35 PM
(12-05-2016 06:37 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I don't accept your apology. I demand monetary restitution!

I'm sorry you feel that way! Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-05-2016, 08:37 PM
(12-05-2016 06:03 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Should we be sorry for derailing this thread? Unsure

That was in the back of my mind, when I posted.
12-05-2016, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 08:45 PM by Fireball.)
(12-05-2016 06:17 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  

YES!!!

(I'm kidding)

BoT- if you feel like apologizing too much, it may be from a concern about what people think of you, and your desire to please. I know that that is where my desire came from. However, it doesn't matter what you do to please people, because that in and of itself will piss people off. You are going to have to accept that no matter what you do, some people just can't be pleased by what you do. If you aren't doing anything illegal, immoral or fattening, fuck 'em, and get on with your life! If you don't believe me, just look at how some people act here and elsewhere, with no apologies for bad behavior.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
12-05-2016, 09:25 PM
(12-05-2016 02:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 12:44 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Warning: This is a criticism for that kind of behavior.... not you personally.

Since this isn't in the support thread I'll be frank.... I see constant apologies from some as a sign of pass-aggressive attention whoring.

Very, very few almost close to none do it for attention. In most cases it's probably self esteem issues or mental issues, also people with past abuse or perfectionist parents who are pretty much afraid to do anything wrong so they apologize.

That may be why you do it, I wouldn't know but I think that you can't speak for all or nearly all. There are lots of reasons I'm sure but the majority of what I've seen is PA attention seeking and pandering for sympathy. Then there's the apologizing for apologizing. And sometimes it just gets to be a habit.

Like I clearly stated before there are different reason, not everyone does it for the same reason.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
12-05-2016, 09:28 PM
(12-05-2016 03:20 PM)unsapien Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 02:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Very, very few almost close to none do it for attention. In most cases it's probably self esteem issues or mental issues, also people with past abuse or perfectionist parents who are pretty much afraid to do anything wrong so they apologize.

Or it can be cultural thing, at the hotel I worked at years ago we were constantly having "cultural sensitivity" training for the different bus tours we were hosting each season. For the Japanese tours we were told to say sorry for almost anything because for them it didn't mean "we're sorry" it was just considered being polite.

Yes, there is also a certain type of business mentality that expects you to apologize for everything in stead of having to say no, it's used as a way of refusal.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]