Apologies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Apologies
(11-07-2017 11:47 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 11:46 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Maybe in the back of your mind you felt you had wasted his time? I'm not saying you did, but sometimes I feel that way.

I felt like I had been rude because my mind was miles away....
Oh, shit, sorry, I misread something in your original post. Sorry about that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
11-07-2017, 12:32 PM
(10-07-2017 05:01 PM)Leerob Wrote:  I am confused

But this is the weird thing. The past two days, people just started apologizing for all kinds of things to me.

If anybody has an idea, please explain. I am just puzzled

Did you accidentally cross the border into Canada? Shy

A friend in the hole
"I'll be back when I want it...not when I need it." - Hawkeye
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 3 users Like unsapien's post
11-07-2017, 02:34 PM
(10-07-2017 05:01 PM)Leerob Wrote:  If anybody has an idea, please explain. I am just puzzled

My mother used to apologize for everything, all the time. When I was an adult, I pointed this out to her. Her response: "I'm sorry."

So I would like to defend the idea of apologizing as a kind of charity, as a social grease -- the way my mother used apologies. With intimate human interactions, if you litigate everything you strain your relationships even while you are doing nothing overtly wrong. An apology is just one way to ease the tension when little things shouldn't matter so much anyway, especially among people who are already sharing resources.
11-07-2017, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 05:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-07-2017 05:01 PM)Leerob Wrote:  If anybody has an idea, please explain. I am just puzzled

Harbinger. I'm sorry.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Do you think we women apologize a lot more than men do? Or is it just mothers?

I say "sorry" way too much, but I also apologize even if time passes and I think I may have said something that someone took the wrong way or if I may have hurt their feelings.

I often have to apologize after an evening when I am tipsy, because I tend to say whatever I am thinking and even if it was funny and harmless, I feel I may have hurt some feelings.

Sorry for going on about this...

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 2 users Like Jeanne's post
11-07-2017, 06:33 PM
(11-07-2017 06:28 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Do you think we women apologize a lot more than men do? Or is it just mothers?

I think it depends on how you were raised. I often apologize. My wife almost never apologizes.
11-07-2017, 06:36 PM
I wonder if the "nurturers" in the family tend to apologize more ..to everybody...because they also tend to be the ones who attempt to make all things right and everybody happy?

[+] 1 user Likes Jeanne's post
11-07-2017, 06:38 PM
(11-07-2017 06:36 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  I wonder if the "nurturers" in the family tend to apologize more ..to everybody...because they also tend to be the ones who attempt to make all things right and everybody happy?

That sounds right.

Smile
11-07-2017, 07:09 PM
(11-07-2017 06:28 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Do you think we women apologize a lot more than men do? Or is it just mothers?

I say "sorry" way too much, but I also apologize even if time passes and I think I may have said something that someone took the wrong way or if I may have hurt their feelings.

I often have to apologize after an evening when I am tipsy, because I tend to say whatever I am thinking and even if it was funny and harmless, I feel I may have hurt some feelings.

Sorry for going on about this...

I actually don't say it all that often, I don't usually worry about things and I am rather blunt. I see it just as a polite thing to say. When I am truly sorry, I usually come bearing peace offerings...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Peace offerings are nice. Wine is nice too. It all works together.