Apologies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2017, 05:36 PM
RE: Apologies
(11-07-2017 06:28 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Do you think we women apologize a lot more than men do? Or is it just mothers?

I say "sorry" way too much, but I also apologize even if time passes and I think I may have said something that someone took the wrong way or if I may have hurt their feelings.

I often have to apologize after an evening when I am tipsy, because I tend to say whatever I am thinking and even if it was funny and harmless, I feel I may have hurt some feelings.

Sorry for going on about this...

I don't know. It might be a cultural thing too, I guess.
For example here in Ireland, I say sorry all the time and people say it to me all the time. Like if you almost run into somebody or you were in the way or whatever. People just culturally say "sorry" a lot here.

Real apologies are something different.
And yes, I feel that women apologize much more than men do. I don't know why though.
I understand your feeling of "maybe somebody got hurt" or "maybe somebody is mad". But honestly, that is why we shouldn't just babble, even when we are tipsy. Alcohol is just a catalyst I guess. It makes you talk before you think if you aren't careful.
But even if you say something. If it was funny at the time, and nobody took offense at the time then there is no reason to worry about it the next day. At least in my opinion.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
13-07-2017, 08:37 PM
(13-07-2017 05:36 PM)Leerob Wrote:  Alcohol is just a catalyst I guess.

Absolutely! I always say that you don't suddenly become a different person when you drink. More like, the real you loses the inhibitions of sobriety. But you don't really say things you don't actually think, however deep inside.

Which is why I detest the "I didn't mean it" apology. If you said it, yes, you did think it. You might have exaggerated, but if you said it, chances are, you'd thought it, too. Like, no matter how pissed (in both senses of the word) I am, there are things I would never ever say, because they would never cross my mind.

I might or might not have had a strong drink on a nearly empty stomach. Let's see if I come back to apologise for this post tomorrow [Image: 179.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Hand in hand with the "I didn't mean it"apology is the "I'm sorry, BUT..."

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post