Apostate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: Apostate
I don't get it?

Is apostate something like an insult or whatever? Why should I even care? I know if I have a apostate cancer later in life that is suppose to be bad. Evil_monster

The big question for me is why I should even give a damn? Drinking Beverage

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
24-05-2014, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 11:45 PM by ShirubaDangan.)
(24-05-2014 08:47 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  The definition mixes religion and politics - kind of supports my "atheism is a political doctrine" theory.

Why do we care about this definition? Also, Atheism does not have to be political but anything can become political. Some Christian's vote on the president based on their religious beliefs but not all. Does that matter? Political ideologies literally erupt from numerous things just putting atheism ignores views about anarchy, aristocracy, autocracy, communism, democracy, fascism, monarchy, oligarchy, plutocracy, stratocracy, theocracy, etc. There are numerous political ideas that erupt from a ton of different views. Anything can become political does not mean it will always succeed but that it can exist.

If anything though, money is one of the largest(if not the largest) influential factor within politics no matter what government it is or what people's views are.

Very few governments don't rely on money and the vast variety of them have plenty to do with it.

Either way, why does it matter about a dictionary definition? It could potentially change and if it does would that still matter? Obviously it matters if you are talking and using words but in the sense that it means anything to atheists like myself.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
25-05-2014, 12:47 AM
(24-05-2014 06:11 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  What are we going to do about this?

We pass a law that says that is an offence punishable by death to belong to any religion.

Now people have a choice.

Thumbsup

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
25-05-2014, 12:59 AM
(25-05-2014 12:47 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 06:11 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  What are we going to do about this?

We pass a law that says that is an offence punishable by death to belong to any religion.

Now people have a choice.

Thumbsup

Lol

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
25-05-2014, 06:29 AM
(24-05-2014 08:47 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  The definition mixes religion and politics - kind of supports my "atheism is a political doctrine" theory.

What the fuck are you talking about? How the hell is atheism a political doctrine?
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
25-05-2014, 06:58 AM
(25-05-2014 06:29 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  ...
What the fuck are you talking about? How the hell is atheism a political doctrine?

SSsshhhhh! Don't start him off again.

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
25-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Apostate

[Image: PIv0Foj.gif]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
25-05-2014, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2014 09:40 PM by sporehux.)
brainwash
Definition: any method of controlled systematic indoctrination, especially one based on repetition or confusion
Synonyms :
catechize , indoctrinate , proselytize , condition , persuade.
Antonyms:
nonconformist , dissenter , escapee , apostate

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
25-05-2014, 09:59 PM
(25-05-2014 08:42 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  [Image: PIv0Foj.gif]

OMFG I LAUGHED SO HARD!!!!!!!

(25-05-2014 09:37 PM)sporehux Wrote:  brainwash
Definition: any method of controlled systematic indoctrination, especially one based on repetition or confusion
Synonyms :
catechize , indoctrinate , proselytize , condition , persuade.
Antonyms:
nonconformist , dissenter , escapee , apostate

LMFAO

Welcome back, Sporesey!

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
25-05-2014, 10:05 PM

"The Texas sharpshooter is a fabled marksman who fires his gun randomly at the side of a barn, then paints a bullseye around the spot where the most bullet holes cluster."

-- http://www.fallacyfiles.org/texsharp.html

[Image: Yosemite_252520try_252520again.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post