Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: Apostate
Aprostate
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes UndercoverAtheist's post
25-05-2014, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2014 10:56 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(25-05-2014 10:09 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  Aprostate

...doesn't believe in prostration...?

[Image: icon_kneel.gif]

Consider

....doesn't believe in the existence and worship of the Holy Prostate Gland...?

Shocking

......um not gonna post any illustrations as they might somehow be misconstrued as pr0n.....

Tongue

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
25-05-2014, 11:52 PM
(24-05-2014 09:18 PM)kim Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 08:47 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  The definition mixes religion and politics - kind of supports my "atheism is a political doctrine" theory.

Uhhhhhnnnno. The word or does not "mix" religion and politics.

The conjunction and does directly conflate religion and politics... as you seem to have done.
However, the conjunction or merely conflates the two words within the set of examples representing a definition. If anything, the word or actually provides a distinction between the two examples: religion or politics. Between; as in between separate things.
Yes, the miracle of the conjunction. Heart I love you Jack Sheldon.

TrainWreck, if you see atheism as a political doctrine, that is entirely up to you. Throughout centuries, people have used religion to support all kinds of ridiculous shit. No doubt you harbor similar notions of hijacking the term atheism to support some erroneous and/or nefarious garbage lining the layers of fat between your ears.

When you figure it out, don't bother announcing it here; the fucks anyone gives can not bee see with an electron microscope. Drinking Beverage

[Image: tumblr_loc7nhfvdp1qftp7z.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
26-05-2014, 09:53 AM
(24-05-2014 06:11 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  What are we going to do about this?

Quote:apostate
I
noun
a disloyal person who betrays or deserts his cause or religion or political party or friend etc.
• Syn: deserter, renegade, turncoat, recreant, ratter
• Derivationally related forms: rat (for: ratter), recreant (for: recreant), renegade (for: renegade), apostatize, apostatise, desert (for: deserter)
• Hypernyms: quitter
II
adjective
not faithful to religion or party or cause
• Similar to: unfaithful
WE? Nothing. YOU? I don't know. What are you going to do about your intellectual dishonesty? Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.