Appalling treatment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2015, 12:08 PM
Appalling treatment
An older neighbor decided to attend the Evan. easter service because she'd been invited and given a ride. She's not a believer but realizes that sometimes a good sermon is worth listening to. Yesterday, the pastor, didn't name names but looked directly at her (small congregation) and said that there are those who don't believe and who come to church just for the social aspect, that they were wasting their time. She was quite upset and said she'd never ever return to that church. Anyway, she called a few other churches and they will welcome her.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2015, 12:57 PM
RE: Appalling treatment
But wait, that pastor is not a true xtian, true xtians would never do that, they are loving and welcoming to all.
[+] 5 users Like Iñigo's post
06-04-2015, 12:59 PM
(06-04-2015 12:57 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  But wait, that pastor is not a true xtian, true xtians would never do that, they are loving and welcoming to all.

Sarcasm?

(hard to tell sometimes).....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-04-2015, 01:08 PM
(06-04-2015 12:08 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  An older neighbor decided to attend the Evan. easter service because she'd been invited and given a ride. She's not a believer but realizes that sometimes a good sermon is worth listening to. Yesterday, the pastor, didn't name names but looked directly at her (small congregation) and said that there are those who don't believe and who come to church just for the social aspect, that they were wasting their time. She was quite upset and said she'd never ever return to that church. Anyway, she called a few other churches and they will welcome her.

Same thing happened to my mil. She joined a church purely for the social aspect (they had a ladies group) and was basically called out from the pulpit that she didn't give enough money and was just there to be social.

She left and never returned. Since then the minister was pestering her to come back, the holy spirit had moved him to say those things. She told him where he and the holy spirit could stick it.

I was rather proud of her.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 13 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-04-2015, 01:39 PM
(06-04-2015 12:59 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 12:57 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  But wait, that pastor is not a true xtian, true xtians would never do that, they are loving and welcoming to all.

Sarcasm?

You bet, sarcasm.
06-04-2015, 02:22 PM
He didn't offer to give her money back after the collection plate had gone around. He has no idea of how many people attend church for the social aspect. Being included was how early man survived many centuries ago. My father was a fully ordained minister and years ago my brother was jabbing him about soon having a church full of old ladies. My father never lost his cool and responded, then I'll be there to look after them. That remark had a huge impact on my brother and completely changed his thinking. Too bad that pastor doesn't share that mindset.
[+] 2 users Like Takelababy's post
06-04-2015, 03:40 PM
How sad. Sadly par for the course as well.

The essence of life is statistical improbability on a colossal scale.
06-04-2015, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2015 04:42 PM by Anjele.)
My daughter's mother-in-law is all about Jesus and listening to Christian shows on the radio but was turned off when it comes to attending church when the one she used to attend showed it's true colors. She and her aged mother weren't rich enough or stylish enough for the general population of the church.

She did go on Christmas Eve to a church here but opted to attend the Easter service at the nursing home where her mother is.

Wonder why Christians often act so little like Christians... Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-04-2015, 04:38 PM
(06-04-2015 01:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Same thing happened to my mil. She joined a church purely for the social aspect (they had a ladies group) and was basically called out from the pulpit that she didn't give enough money and was just there to be social.

She left and never returned. Since then the minister was pestering her to come back, the holy spirit had moved him to say those things. She told him where he and the holy spirit could stick it.

I was rather proud of her.

Da fuck kinda marketing strategy is that? Dude could've at least blamed the devil for being a dick instead of his own god. No megachurch and private jet for him.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-04-2015, 05:40 PM
(06-04-2015 01:39 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 12:59 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Sarcasm?

You bet, sarcasm.

I'm relieved.....

It's good to know there's one less of those to deal with...

Thumbsup

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.