Appalling treatment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: Appalling treatment
Christians being judgmental and passive-aggressive?

Color me shocked.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
08-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Appalling treatment
Why do people go to church and not expect to be judged or pestered for money?

If you go to church you deserve whatever they do to you. There are secular alternatives if people want to socialize.

With that said, I am not condoning the actions of the church but I don't expect anything different than what happened.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
08-04-2015, 01:21 PM
(08-04-2015 12:58 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Why do people go to church and not expect to be judged or pestered for money?
Cos the nominal claim is that Christianity is all about love for your brother man / woman (no homos though). There are actually some churches that kinda live up to this... though there's not a single church where the collection plate doesn't get passed around...

Quote:If you go to church you deserve whatever they do to you. There are secular alternatives if people want to socialize.
Hmm... it depends. Sometimes... small town, lotsa Christians... not a lot of options. Sure, you can always head down to the bar. Some people don't wanna do that. Why *shouldn't* one hang out with Christians? I kinda like the mad bastards myself. Not that I feel any need to go to church no more...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-04-2015, 01:31 PM
This good Friday I saw a performance of the St. Matthew's Passion in a rather gorgeous church. Before the concert, naturally, the pastor insisted on saying something, and in a church packed to the last chair for probably the first time this year, said - "we have gathered here to commemorate the suffering of our Lord Jesus Christ", and I was like, fuck no, I paid 50 bucks to hear the music, shut up and get out of me way. I thought i distinctly heard a rather passive aggressive tone in his voice. He must've been aware that barely anyone present cared about his religion.

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 1 user Likes Alex K's post
08-04-2015, 04:10 PM
Appalling treatment
(08-04-2015 01:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  Cos the nominal claim is that Christianity is all about love for your brother man / woman...

They also claim that god exists. Do you expect to see that also?
08-04-2015, 11:18 PM
(08-04-2015 04:10 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 01:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  Cos the nominal claim is that Christianity is all about love for your brother man / woman...

They also claim that god exists. Do you expect to see that also?

Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-04-2015, 11:25 PM
Your neighbor needs to learn that if you lay down with dogs you will catch fleas.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
09-04-2015, 12:26 AM
(06-04-2015 12:57 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  But wait, that pastor is not a true xtian, true xtians would never do that, they are loving and welcoming to all.

Trouble is there are no true xtians.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
09-04-2015, 12:58 AM
(08-04-2015 12:58 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Why do people go to church and not expect to be judged or pestered for money?

Indeed. When you buy the boat, you get the leaks.
12-04-2015, 05:13 PM
When a kid/teen I remember on so many Sundays, my father scanning the congregation of a few hundred as people were settling down. He'd open his salvo with "Good morning and welcome. I see we have some new faces and some who've been absent for a little while." He meant it and it came across in such a positive way that if that's all one listened to that hour you couldn't help but feel a little uplifted.