Apparently, Buddhists Are Trying To Take Over

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Apparently, Buddhists Are Trying To Take Over
Most of the people I work with know that I am Buddhist. Yesterday, a co-worker of mine said to me "So now you Buddhists want to take over!" I said I was quite confused on what she was talking about. She said that a Buddhist sued a school district because they felt they were being treated unfairly because they were Buddhist, and that the Buddhist family won in court. She said "Christians are now being persecuted in this country, which is a Christian nation. If a Buddhist doesn't want to be part of Christianity then they shouldn't be coming here and expecting Christians to just lie down and do nothing!"

Needless to say, I was quite surprised with the way she took her anger out on me, especially for something which I knew nothing about. I think the idea of Buddhists trying to "take over" in the U.S. is quite ridiculous, but some people obviously feel different.

As soon as I got home I looked it up out of curiosity, because I heard nothing about it. Here is an article about what happened:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...-in-court/

Live, Love, and Learn Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Compassion4Life's post
19-03-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: Apparently, Buddhists Are Trying To Take Over
We hashed this over when the family first filed the lawsuit. Stupid Xtards don't see the separation of church and state issue, but cry wolf that they had their widdle feelings hurt.

Glad the family won.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
19-03-2014, 04:55 PM
(19-03-2014 04:49 PM)Compassion4Life Wrote:  Most of the people I work with know that I am Buddhist. Yesterday, a co-worker of mine said to me "So now you Buddhists want to take over!" I said I was quite confused on what she was talking about. She said that a Buddhist sued a school district because they felt they were being treated unfairly because they were Buddhist, and that the Buddhist family won in court. She said "Christians are now being persecuted in this country, which is a Christian nation. If a Buddhist doesn't want to be part of Christianity then they shouldn't be coming here and expecting Christians to just lie down and do nothing!"

Needless to say, I was quite surprised with the way she took her anger out on me, especially for something which I knew nothing about. I think the idea of Buddhists trying to "take over" in the U.S. is quite ridiculous, but some people obviously feel different.

As soon as I got home I looked it up out of curiosity, because I heard nothing about it. Here is an article about what happened:

She is projecting Christianities persecution of that poor family onto you. Sounds like a nut case to me. Anyone that can read that and come away with her conclusion is seriously mental.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-03-2014, 04:59 PM
(19-03-2014 04:49 PM)Compassion4Life Wrote:  Most of the people I work with know that I am Buddhist. Yesterday, a co-worker of mine said to me "So now you Buddhists want to take over!" I said I was quite confused on what she was talking about. She said that a Buddhist sued a school district because they felt they were being treated unfairly because they were Buddhist, and that the Buddhist family won in court. She said "Christians are now being persecuted in this country, which is a Christian nation. If a Buddhist doesn't want to be part of Christianity then they shouldn't be coming here and expecting Christians to just lie down and do nothing!"

She is fundamentally ignorant on the concepts of:

1: Separation of Church and State (and that the US is emphatically NOT a Christian nation in any way other than majority belief, which means nothing from a legal standpoint)
2: Civil liberties and the rights of others
3. The definition of the word "persecution."

People as crazy as her make me sad.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
19-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Well, maybe she wants to kill some gays and atheists instead of following the eightfold path.

Someone told me this:
"What keeps you atheists from going on a murder spree right now?"
My retort:
"What keeps you christians from going on a gay/atheist/sinner/satanist/buddhist murder spree right now?"

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 3 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
19-03-2014, 05:54 PM
(19-03-2014 04:49 PM)Compassion4Life Wrote:  She said "Christians are now being persecuted in this country, which is a Christian nation.

[Image: 869aa6d153d66af83faa1ff1ada55552c4960fec...e525a4.jpg]

[Image: persecution.jpg]

That is all.
[+] 6 users Like RobbyPants's post
19-03-2014, 06:53 PM
(19-03-2014 04:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  She is projecting Christianities persecution of that poor family onto you. Sounds like a nut case to me. Anyone that can read that and come away with her conclusion is seriously mental.

I was quite shocked by the whole thing, and even felt a bit scared for a minute. I hope that she will find a way to turn that negative energy into something positive.

Live, Love, and Learn Smile
19-03-2014, 06:54 PM

Christian nation? No.
Christian majority persecution complex? Yes.

What a fucking moron. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
19-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Yeah! Nasty Buddhistses!

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
19-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Your co-worker is a flaming, fucking, idiot.

There are plenty of xtians like that.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post