Apparently, I *Do* Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Apparently, I *Do* Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist"
My sister gave me the book...hoping to reel me back in. I read it. Being a glutton for punishment, I decided to read it again, but this time, jotting down a few logical missteps, and rational derailments (even blatant biblical-quote-mining) by the authors. My sister, to her credit, has agreed to re-read it with my annotations. Here it is with a chapter to go...just a few sticky-notes with my own thoughts...

[Image: 1456650_10200620751955062_1830719274_n.jpg]

Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata...hiding amongst the candy...hoping the kids don't break through with the stick!

---Master Tang---
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like LunchBox's post
01-12-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: Apparently, I *Do* Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist"
HA! Hope she's a reader. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
01-12-2013, 09:31 PM
You should have weighed it before and after sticky notes. That thing looks heavy as hell!

[Image: notagain.gif]
01-12-2013, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 08:04 AM by EvolutionKills.)
An Atheist Reads I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

Maybe if you want to add a few more footnotes, or if your sister isn't much of a reader.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-12-2013, 09:52 PM
My sister is an avid reader...and knowing her...she will re-read it, with my notes.

As to Steve Shives...I found his youtube posts after a few chapters. I respond to the book, and then watch his commentary after I respond. It's eerie how many points of objection I raise...as he does the same.

Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata...hiding amongst the candy...hoping the kids don't break through with the stick!

---Master Tang---
01-12-2013, 09:54 PM
The title of your thread reminds me of when my mother-in-law said "it takes guts to believe! it's not believing thats easy" barf.

Let us know what your sister thinks!!
01-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Oh...By the way, EK...I took the Grumpy-cat/monty python reference; screen-shotted it, pieced it together, and made it my wall/cover photo on FB.

*Because it wins.

---Master Tang---
[+] 1 user Likes LunchBox's post
01-12-2013, 11:06 PM
I have too much faith to be anything but an atheist. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2013, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 12:26 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(01-12-2013 09:54 PM)LunchBox Wrote:  Oh...By the way, EK...I took the Grumpy-cat/monty python reference; screen-shotted it, pieced it together, and made it my wall/cover photo on FB.

*Because it wins.

Here's the original if that helps. Also I can't take credit for it, I grabbed it from the internet. All I did was make it an animated GIF and added text.

[Image: tumblr_mh3zbuhW0O1rq4857o1_500.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-12-2013, 10:47 AM
(01-12-2013 09:20 PM)LunchBox Wrote:  My sister gave me the book...hoping to reel me back in. I read it. Being a glutton for punishment, I decided to read it again, but this time, jotting down a few logical missteps, and rational derailments (even blatant biblical-quote-mining) by the authors. My sister, to her credit, has agreed to re-read it with my annotations. Here it is with a chapter to go...just a few sticky-notes with my own thoughts...

[Image: 1456650_10200620751955062_1830719274_n.jpg]
LOL! If you didn't already do so, I would suggest writing page numbers on all those sticky notes. You obviously did a lot of work and your sister may pull them out as she reads them. Later, when you and your sister are discussing them, you may have a hard time locating something in the book that goes with a sticky note unless the page numbers are on there.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post