Apparently I am Deceived.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 10:57 PM
RE: Apparently I am Deceived.
(16-12-2012 09:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 01:44 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Simply ask her how a perfect God can create a perfect system which is capable of being corrupted. If it is capable of being corrupted, then it was never truly perfect at all.

My mother is also a Witness, and she simply didn't know what to say when I asked her.
Simple. He never created it perfect. No where does it say that in the Bible. Everything is "good' and has a purpose.

According to the Witnesses, God is perfect, and created the world and existence in general in accordance with that perfection. They believe that this perfection was later corrupted by Adam and Eve's sin. So, when speaking to a witness, it's a good avenue to take.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
17-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Even when I was an evangelical Christian, a couple of my crazier Christian friends were convinced I was demon-possessed because I had dabbled in the occult as a teen and in my twenties. I'd try to convince them I wasn't demon possessed and they'd cut me off with weird prayers and comments like, "That's not you. That's the demons talking."

More recently, a guy from my ex-Bible study said I was "rebellious" and that I'd been led away by Satan, and I'd better get my act together and "get right with God," or things "would not go well" with me.

I know you can't get away from your mother, but I've gotten rid of most of my crazy Christian friends who threaten me with hell and say I'm "deceived." Christians can be the nicest people in the world until you de-convert...then it's on, apparently.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Marmalade's post
17-12-2012, 09:58 AM
(16-12-2012 10:09 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  God must have been bored, which means he ain't perfect. If he ain't perfect, he ain't a god.

So god don't exist.

Damn right!

And in case he does exist he is strongly advised not to come within a mile of me without a jockstrap.
17-12-2012, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 01:26 PM by Janus.)
(16-12-2012 09:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 01:44 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Simply ask her how a perfect God can create a perfect system which is capable of being corrupted. If it is capable of being corrupted, then it was never truly perfect at all.

My mother is also a Witness, and she simply didn't know what to say when I asked her.
Simple. He never created it perfect. No where does it say that in the Bible. Everything is "good' and has a purpose.

Well, it wasn't "good", as He said Himself. In fact it was so bad – according to Him, without independent confirmation – that He decided it needed to be destroyed entirely. And about that 'purpose': I utterly despise gods, and other assholes, with hidden agendas and megalomaniacal, sadistic methods.
[+] 1 user Likes Janus's post
17-12-2012, 01:24 PM
(17-12-2012 01:16 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 09:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Simple. He never created it perfect. No where does it say that in the Bible. Everything is "good' and has a purpose.

Well, it wasn't "good", as He said Himself, and I utterly despise gods, and other assholes, with hidden agendas and megalomaniacal, sadistic methods.
Yes it was "good".

It was good according to its purpose.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
17-12-2012, 01:24 PM
(16-12-2012 10:09 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 09:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Simple. He never created it perfect. No where does it say that in the Bible. Everything is "good' and has a purpose.

So just why would this perfect god allow imperfection? Why not create everyone like himself, just perfect? We wouldn't have to put up with his whinging that things aren't perfect if he'd made us like him in the first place.

God must have been bored, which means he ain't perfect. If he ain't perfect, he ain't a god.

So god don't exist.

Wow!

Sometimes I feel almost as clever as HOC!
Because that would be God creating God. He didn't want that.

17-12-2012, 01:28 PM
(17-12-2012 01:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:16 PM)Janus Wrote:  Well, it wasn't "good", as He said Himself, and I utterly despise gods, and other assholes, with hidden agendas and megalomaniacal, sadistic methods.
Yes it was "good".

It was good according to its purpose.

Well it isn't according to mine! Who the fuck does He think He is destroying innocent people, animals, and plants!
17-12-2012, 02:36 PM
(16-12-2012 12:49 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  But I do have advice. And it's a pain in the ass to hear, but here it goes:

Stop. Discussing. Religion. With. Your. Witness. Family. If they're coming to you, use logical arguments as you see fit. But if you're going out to them, you will find out quickly that it's like beating a dead horse. No good comes out of it.
As an ex-JW myself, I can honestly say this is the best bit of advice to follow. Just quit discussing it with them.
17-12-2012, 05:24 PM
(17-12-2012 01:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 10:09 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  So just why would this perfect god allow imperfection? Why not create everyone like himself, just perfect? We wouldn't have to put up with his whinging that things aren't perfect if he'd made us like him in the first place.

God must have been bored, which means he ain't perfect. If he ain't perfect, he ain't a god.

So god don't exist.

Wow!

Sometimes I feel almost as clever as HOC!
Because that would be God creating God. He didn't want that.

How the hell would you know! You have a hotline to God or something?
[+] 2 users Like Janus's post
18-12-2012, 12:16 PM
(17-12-2012 05:24 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Because that would be God creating God. He didn't want that.

How the hell would you know! You have a hotline to God or something?
If God doesn't allow imperfection, then everything He creates is perfect, which is parallel to God. Since we are not perfect or parallel to God, it's evident that God created imperfection. If He created perfection, He would be creating Himself.

We were never created perfect because we have moved into imperfection - that is impossible for a perfect being.